The Chapter Job Board is a free service for ACC Greater Philadelphia member companies where in-house attorney job postings can be listed and viewed by any chapter member. Our goal with this page is to help connect chapter members and companies with each other in the job search process.
Postings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, disability, source of income, or place of residence or business, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
Job postings coordinated by legal recruiters can not be listed on this page and instead must be promoted through the ACC In-house Jobline (http://www.acc.com/jobline/index.cfm).
Posted on October 11, 2020
POSITION: Senior Counsel Operations, North America
Senior Counsel is responsible for providing comprehensive legal support for the manufacturing and related site-based functions of CSL Behring’s Kankakee facility, as well as for the North American manufacturing operations and activities of a global biopharmaceutical business. Position reports to Lead Counsel for Operations and CSL Plasma, North America
COMPANY: CSL Behring
LOCATION: Kankakee, IL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Provide informed, actionable and comprehensive legal support and strategic counsel for the manufacturing and related site-based functions of CSL Behring’s Kankakee facility, as well as for the North American manufacturing operations of CSL Behring, including:
- Interact directly with members of the Kankakee Leadership Team (KLT) and all levels of Operations’ management at the Kankakee facility, and advise management on a broad range of legal issues related to the manufacturing operations and related activities of a global specialty pharmaceutical business.
- Team with Quality personnel (including Quality Control, Quality Assurance and site Regulatory personnel) and advise on cGMP and regulatory matters as needed and appropriate.
- Work closely with Strategic Sourcing and Project Management Office management in connection with construction planned for the Kankakee site, infrastructure improvements and on-going repair and maintenance activities.
- Review, draft and negotiate supply agreements for all Kankakee sourcing-related activities, various real estate agreements (including design and engineering, and construction/construction management), marketing and communication agreements, and various other agreements.
- As requested, review internal and external Kankakee communications.
- Establish close rapport with, and provide proactive legal advice to, site General Manager and all members of the KLT.
- Provide counsel to EHS management and support management’s efforts to maintain a safety culture.
- As requested or assigned, provide support to and/or manage activities related to company investigations and commercial litigation relating to the Kankakee facility;
- Partner with the Business Integrity and Risk Management Departments to help ensure business processes and activities comply with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies, and work to maintain open and effective avenues of communication among Legal, Business Integrity and Risk, and the business.
- As requested or assigned, work with Global Legal Operations Group to create or modify agreements with vendors across the global manufacturing sites and otherwise coordinate legal advice on a global basis when appropriate, and provide contract review and related legal support for relevant global end-to-end operations team activities and transactions.
- Keep current on relevant legislative issues, statutes, decisions and ordinances.
- Advise management on legal, regulatory, healthcare and compliance issues, working with external experts as needed.
- Examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuits.
- Develop and deliver training on legal matters as required or requested.
- As needed, provide legal advice and support in connection with non-routine special projects, such as business development activities and other strategic business transactions involving CSL Behring and its affiliates.
- As requested or assigned, work with Lead Counsel, Global Employment Law, concerning Kankakee human resources matters.
- Coordinate work with outside counsel as appropriate or assigned.
- Establish and build good working relationships with internal clients based on mutual trust and respect and knowledge of the company’s business and its needs and goals.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree and Juris Doctor degree. Superior academic credentials at top-tier law school strongly preferred.
- Licensed to practice law in Illinois (Illinois House Counsel license acceptable).
- Minimum of 7 years applicable legal experience required, preferably including at least 5 years supporting a manufacturing operation within the pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device industry, either as in-house or external counsel. Strong commercial drafting and negotiating background, with emphasis on supply agreements and various real estate agreements. Proven communication and stakeholder influencing skills, business acumen and judgment. Working knowledge of FDA’s cGMP regulations or similar manufacturing regulations. Experience in some or all of the following areas: real estate, contracts, general litigation or litigation management, supply chain management, government investigations, government affairs, quality, regulatory affairs.
- Experience at top-tier law firm preferred.
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills required, as well as ability to produce quality work under pressure while balancing multiple priorities.
- Self-starter able to work without significant supervision and to contact supervisor and others when guidance or support is appropriate.
- Strong communication, analytical, project management and interpersonal skills; ability to understand business needs and goals and incorporate that understanding in advice to the business that enables the business to make well-informed decisions based on a full understanding of risks and benefits. Team player.
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships with Kankakee leadership and readily gain confidence as a trusted advisor.
APPLY ONLINE AT: https://csl.recsolu.com/jobs/Lrj5h-ICxYhN4Wk6UKmqng
Posted on October 5, 2020
POSITION: Senior Legal Counsel
COMPANY: Anthony Sylvan Pools
LOCATION: Doylestown, PA
- General Summary of Position
Under the supervision of the General Counsel, Anthony & Sylvan’s Senior Legal Counsel will lead and assist in the provision of a wide range of legal services to the business relating to commercial, litigation, employment, compliance, and other matters.
- Essential Duties
- Corporate governance: assist with corporate governance matters, provide corporate secretarial services related to Board of Directors meetings and other Board of Directors matters, and ensure the proper maintenance of the company’s books and records.
- Litigation: handle personally and manage outside counsel handling of litigation matters, primarily in the form of mediations and arbitrations; counsel business on managing escalated customer disputes.
- Commercial transactions: draft, negotiate and structure various customer and vendor contracts; review NDAs, leases, and other agreements.
- Employment: partner with Human Resources on handling escalated employment matters and provide legal guidance as needed.
- Compliance: monitor developments/changes in and support company compliance with applicable laws and regulations; conduct legal research and prepare memoranda regarding legislative developments and current affairs affecting the company’s strategy, products, and/or operations.
- Risk management: support various risk management initiatives and programs.
- Brand & Intellectual property: ensure the protection of company intellectual property and brand reputation.
- Support in the development of business strategies, and direct and supervise outside counsel on a variety of assigned or special projects.
- Support the drafting and updating of and internal compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Follows Anthony & Sylvan Pool’s policies and procedures.
- Supervisory/ Management Requirements
- Manage paralegal and intern support, and provide other legal support and guidance as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- J.D. from accredited law school.
- License to practice in PA required; NJ, MD, and/or VA licenses a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; in-house experience strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set priorities.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, and sound judgment.
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with the business, other functions, and external resources.
- Self-motivated with a high sense of ownership and accountability.
- Company Standards
- The employee will represent the Company in a positive, professional manner with fellow employees and within the communities served.
- The employee will encourage and maintain teamwork throughout the company and will communicate all pertinent information in a timely and effective manner.
- The employee will endeavor to maintain our integrity by embracing high ethical standards and adhering to company policies.
- Consistently demonstrates A&S’s Guiding Values of Quality, Customer Satisfaction, Integrity, Teamwork, and Community.