The Chapter Job Board is a free service for ACC Greater Philadelphia member companies where in-house attorney job postings can be listed and viewed by any chapter member. Our goal with this page is to help connect chapter members and companies with each other in the job search process.
Postings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, disability, source of income, or place of residence or business, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
Job postings coordinated by legal recruiters can not be listed on this page and instead must be promoted through the ACC In-house Jobline (http://www.acc.com/jobline/index.cfm).
Posted on July 19, 2021
POSITION: Assistant General Counsel - M&A (Part of the Law Department’s Commercial Team, and reports to the Deputy General Counsel – Commercial Law.)
LOCATION: King of Prussia, PA
- Function as a key member of the in-house commercial attorney team and the overall Arkema law department.
- Support and provide legal guidance on mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, financings, restructurings and other commercial transactions to multiple business units and functional departments within Arkema and its subsidiaries.
- Fast-paced environment, requiring wide range of capabilities, and flexibility.
- Provide legal advice on all mergers and acquisitions needs, including contracting, antitrust, and policy compliance. Provide advice on laws at both the federal and state level.
- Work independently with business group and functional department clients in the US and globally with limited supervision as primary M&A legal advisor to the businesses, as well as with law department colleagues on all transaction issues.
- Draft and review M&A contracts of all types for businesses and functions, as well as all ancillary agreements.
- Negotiate M&A legal matters on behalf of the company. Handle small deals in-house.
- Engage in and supervise due diligence activities
- Supervise outside counsel
- Conduct risk assessment and analysis within M&A context and within the overall Company structure.
- Review various types of commercial and business contracts as part of the commercial team, as needed.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, and be able to work with diverse client base including CEO,
- CFO, General Counsel and other senior management.
- Some business travel may be required. (Approximate Time 25%)
- Need a team player that is flexible and adaptable, able to function in fast past environment.
- Supports the site health, environment, safety (HES) policy and complies with all regulatory and
- internal requirements.
- Participates in HES activities provided by site management and Arkema Inc. (e.g., Behavioral Base Safety, SafeStart, etc.)
- Supports and promotes the reporting of all health, safety, environmental, near-miss, accident or injury incidents.
- Juris Doctorate required.
- Experience handling a wide variety of large and small M&A matters required.
- Both law firm and in-house experience preferred, but not required. Big law firm experience is a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail skills essential.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills are must.
- Excellent judgment and discretion required.
- Must be admitted in PA.
- Minimum 8-15 years experience required.
- Primary practice areas: commercial law, contracts, M&A, and antitrust.
Posted on July 16, 2021
POSITION: Corporate Counsel
COMPANY: International SOS is the worldwide brand of a diverse group of companies that are in the business of saving lives and protecting a global workforce from health and security threats by delivering customized health, security risk management, and well-being solutions. The group of International SOS companies began as AEA International in 1985 in Singapore to provide emergency medical assistance services in Southeast Asia. Today, the company’s 250 operating companies bring a worldwide reach and human touch to: medical assistance, security, evacuation, travel and consulting services around the globe. International SOS is a trusted partner to the majority of the Fortune Global 500, governments, educational institutions and NGOs.
LOCATION: Trevose, PA
DESCRIPTION: The Corporate Counsel position will support International SOS Assistance, Inc. headquartered in Trevose, PA, providing health and security services to the business and scholastic traveler.
In this role, you will serve as legal advisor to the Assistance business line in the US: provide proactive legal support for commercial and vendor transactions; manage and negotiate client contracts, vendor contracts, and strategic partnership agreements; and support contract administration. You will oversee outside counsel for employment and commercial litigation matters and bring your data privacy experience to bear in a fast-paced commercial environment.
The Work You'll Be Doing:
- Draft and negotiate complex commercial contracts in support of commercial transactions, review commercial terms for RFP and tenders;
- Respond to escalations of commercial terms and guide contract manager(s) from Commercial Services. Provide training and updates to playbook;
- Ensure all Stakeholders fully understand Contract requirements;
- Support contracting strategies relative to amendments of terms and conditions, draft SOWs and contract amendments;
- Develop supportive relationships and manage expectations of key internal and external (customer) stakeholders;
- Collaborate with Commercial Services, Sales, Operations, Finance, HR, Quality, Group Legal;
- Oversee outside counsel for litigation and agency matters;
- Draft NDA agreements, employment and independent contractor agreements, conduct due diligence and participate in integration of new entities, as required;
- Respond to Quality audits, complete HIPAA compliance reports;
- Advise on health and welfare and employee benefits;
- Support corporate governance and record keeping, as needed;
- Recommend and drive process changes to enhance efficiency.
Your Required Work Experience and Qualifications:
- 5-10 years of experience at a law firm or in-house legal department, with a minimum of 3 years negotiating contracts;
- JD with excellent law school credentials;
- Licensed to practice in PA or CA, preferred, or be eligible for licensure as a registered in- house counsel.
What You'll Bring To The Table:
- Ability to influence stakeholders to comply with competing commercial processes;
- Solid understanding of contract drafting, negotiation, and procurement;
- High level of PC literacy (especially Microsoft Office suite), business writing and verbal communication skills;
- Commercial acumen, as well as knowledge of commercial contracts law;
- Conceptual and process thinking, decision making, attention to detail, ability to evaluate options, and learn new commercial processes;
- Working knowledge of data privacy and data processing, preferred;
- Familiarity with employee benefits/compensation, a plus.
What’s In It For You?
A competitive base salary commensurate with experience, 401k, a comprehensive medical/dental/vision plan, parental leave and paid time off.
What Are You Waiting For? Apply now by submitting your resume to Heather.Lorditch@InternationalSOS.com.
Posted on July 8, 2021
POSITION: Real Estate Counsel
COMPANY: PREIT Services, LLC
LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA
- Draft and negotiate in-line, outparcel and anchor leases and related documents, operating agreements, service contracts, management agreements, and related documents.
- Provide legal services to the Leasing, Operations, Accounting, Acquisitions, Asset Management, Lease Administration and Property Management departments.
- Interface with outside counsel in handling specialized legal issues on behalf of the company.
- Research leases and other legal documents.
- J.D. degree and active Pennsylvania bar membership required.
- Not less than three years of legal experience as a real estate lawyer representing a national or regional landlord in leasing retail space or representing a national retailer in leasing activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately, both orally and in writing, with management and Company personnel, outside counsel and lenders.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
Posted on June 22, 2021
POSITION: Full-time In House-Counsel (Bankruptcy/Landlord Tenant) to support Real Estate Owned (REO) line of business.
LOCATION: Pennsauken, NJ (New Jersey Law License Required)
COMPANY: Pro Capital is a Real Estate investment company based in Pennsauken, NJ. Our investments are specifically focused on tax liens and the Real Estate Owned (REO) that results from tax lien foreclosures. Through our investments, we help ensure maximum tax collection rates throughout the State of New Jersey while working to remediate blight statewide. We provide a dynamic work environment that encourages professional growth with a combination of support, challenges and opportunity. This position comes with the opportunity to grow and expand into various aspects of real estate related law.
- Manage Chapter 7 and 13 bankruptcies for compliance, including : petitions and schedules, 341 hearings, the Chapter 13 bankruptcy process including the ability to analyze Chapter 13 plans and claims to help with plan confirmation, post-confirmation issues, and drafting and responding to motions
- Resolve occupancy issues through Relocation Assistance, Possession Actions in Landlord Tenant Court or direct sales back to former owners
- Research property history through OPRA requests
- Perform ad hoc research on various issues that impact the ownership and sale of Real Estate
- Perform tax appeals throughout the State of New Jersey
The ideal candidate would have completed a clerkship in New Jersey and have 1-3 years of experience practicing in creditors rights, bankruptcy, or consumer affairs. In addition to excellent written and oral communication skills, the preferred candidate will demonstrate first-rate analytical ability, strong initiative, and both interpersonal skills and client-service skills consistent with the highest professional standards. The preferred candidate will have all or most of the following attributes and experience:
- Effective, Efficient and Reliable : The ideal candidate should perform their job responsibilities correctly, quickly and without being monitored
- A seasoned and effective lawyer : The ideal candidate should be able to hold their own in negotiations with both attorneys and non-attorneys alike. They should demonstrate the ability to explain legal issues in layman’s terms to non-attorneys and use case law citations to defend their positions with other attorneys.
- Intellectually Curious : The ideal candidate should show a desire to expand their knowledge by taking on new projects and challenges, by constantly reviewing the process by which work is done and by researching case law for ways to improve upon our procedures.
- A Self Starter : The ideal candidate should not sit around waiting for direction but instead seek to fill their work day with responsibilities and challenges that help the company improve its performance.
- A Team Player : Pro Capital is a supportive collaborative environment. The ideal candidate must understand that they are part of a team and that the team succeeds together.
Posted on June 2, 2021
POSITION: AVP, Legal Counsel-M&A
LOCATION: Work From Home (US)
DESCRIPTION: Provide legal support, due diligence, and advice regarding Enstar’s M&A transactions and strategic investments
Key Accountabilities & Deliverables:
Legal support to the M&A Team
- advising on various acquisitions and reinsurance transactions, including a broad range of stock purchase, mergers, reinsurance agreements, divestitures, strategic investments and other transactions;
- performing legal due diligence;
- reviewing, drafting and negotiating transaction and ancillary documents and working with outside counsel, as necessary;
- identifying risks and issues (both legal and commercial) and assisting with the development of solutions;
- advising and preparing regulatory approvals and change of control applications;
- executing transaction signings and closings;
- providing legal support on post-completion and integration matters; and
- review and negotiation of non-disclosure agreements and other process related documents.
Provide legal support to and communicate with the wider Group Legal team and Legal M&A team, particularly with respect to intercompany transactions and agreements, corporate reorganizations and integrating newly acquired businesses and entities.
Other corporate legal and regulatory matters as assigned by manager and Group Head of Legal from time to time.
Education & Experience:
- US qualified lawyer with a minimum of five (5) years relevant post qualification corporate insurance (M&A) experience.
- Experience in international corporate insurance (M&A) transactions, collateralized reinsurance transactions and other acquisition transactions.
- Experience in preparing and reviewing transaction documents, conducting due diligence, preparing ancillary transaction documents and managing transactions.
- Additional experience with the insurance run-off industry, a plus.
- Additional experience in divestitures, restructuring and reorganization transactions, preferred.
- Additional experience with private equity and other alternative investments, a plus.
- Sound knowledge of the insurance and reinsurance industry.
- Knowledge of the corporate insurance and regulatory environment.
- Expertise in drafting corporate insurance (M&A) transaction documents.
- General corporate law and contractual principles.
General Skills / Attributes:
- Experience of managing corporate insurance transactions in the insurance and reinsurance industry.
- Excellent analytical, legal and presentation skills.
- The ability to communicate in an effective and professional manner with both senior management and local management.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Commitment to ensuring high quality work product and timeliness of response.
- Attention to detail and flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances.
- The ability to work cooperatively in a team environment with peers and others, including by sharing information and workload
- The ability to work in accordance with the Group Legal mission, vision, and values and contribute positively to the Group Legal Team’s culture