The Chapter Job Board is a free service for ACC Greater Philadelphia member companies where in-house attorney job postings can be listed and viewed by any chapter member. Our goal with this page is to help connect chapter members and companies with each other in the job search process.
Postings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, disability, source of income, or place of residence or business, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
Job postings coordinated by legal recruiters can not be listed on this page and instead must be promoted through the ACC In-house Jobline (http://www.acc.com/jobline/index.cfm).
Posted on March 11, 2020
POSITION: Assistant Counsel – Commercial Solutions
COMPANY: Siemens Healthineers
LOCATION: Malvern, PA
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As Assistant Counsel – Commercial Solutions, you will be responsible for:
- Working in conjunction with legal colleagues to support the delivery of legal services related to Siemens Healthineers broad & expanding portfolio of medical devices and services, including offerings in diagnostic imaging, service, laboratory diagnostics, advanced therapies, molecular diagnostics & services, and point of care product sales.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements to meet business and legal requirements, including sales, group purchasing agreements, business associate agreements, distribution, confidentiality agreements and requests for proposals.
- Collaborating with sales, marketing, finance, and other departments to analyze business, regulatory and legal contract terms.
- Assisting in the management of contract documentation flow, approvals, reporting and archiving consistent with internal processes.
- Actively counseling the sales and field finance staff members on commercial law, healthcare regulations, fraud & abuse, privacy (including data privacy) and related topics.
- Assisting in the training of sales, field finance and other personnel on commercial law, regulatory matters, Siemens Healthineers’ templates and other relevant topics.
- Assisting in the development of creative and compliant solutions to resolve complicated business challenges and customer disputes.
- Assisting in the education and guidance of business partners with regard to key commercial, competition, data privacy and significant regulatory considerations.
- Actively participating in the negotiation of agreements with customers, partners, suppliers, vendors and government agencies as directed.
- Upon request, assisting with ongoing counseling regarding (and efficient implementation of) various corporate policies, initiatives and/or programs.
- Cooperating across corporate business units and departments and throughout a large group of affiliated companies to achieve optimal results while minimizing risk.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, would like to develop your career with Healthineers and you have the following critical competencies:
- Ability to support challenging engagements with highest integrity and ethics.
- Effective negotiation, communication, listening and drafting skills.
- Exposure to U.S. healthcare legal and regulatory environment preferred.
- Fluency with the regulatory environments, including anti-kickback laws, fraud and abuse statutes, and privacy laws applicable to medical device manufacturers preferred.
- Ability and interest in working collaboratively with multiple teams simultaneously, some of whom may be located outside of the U.S.
- Ability to identify and initiate needed actions and follow-up.
- Ability to innovate in design and delivery of legal strategies and solutions to support ever-evolving business objectives.
- Interest in monitoring and improving processes through ongoing optimization efforts, technology enhancements, and business partner feedback preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and, from time-to-time, internationally.
Required skills to have for the success of this role:
- Minimum of 4 years of corporate and commercial law experience in a well-regarded law firm or in-house legal department with a respected healthcare company preferred.
- U.S. law degree (J.D.) required.
- Admitted to practice law in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (or ability to obtain Pennsylvania Limited In-House Corporate Counsel License).
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities. (use your country EEO required language where applicable.)
Posted on January 28, 2020
Position: Corporate Counsel
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
Location: Collegeville, PA
About the team:
FIS employs a team of highly skilled attorneys and contract managers, working collaboratively and collegially, to provide top-quality legal services to FIS’ internal stakeholders and high-profile institutional clients. The FIS legal department is a diverse, yet cohesive group of professionals focused on the cooperative and efficient leveraging of its worldwide resources to best address the sophisticated issues and opportunities facing a leading provider in one of the most rapidly growing sectors in the tech industry.
What you will be doing:
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating, software license agreements, ASP agreements, managed service agreements, professional services agreements, joint marketing agreements, distribution agreements, revenue sharing agreements, nondisclosure agreements and other agreements with clients of FIS and its affiliates.
- Identifying and escalating relevant legal and business issues that arise during the contract preparation and negotiation process.
- Directly interacting on a regular basis with senior operations, finance and sales executives of the firm’s various business units.
- Providing general and specialized support to assigned business units, including assistance in the preparation of product templates, master agreements, Statements of Work, responses to Requests for Proposals and responses to legal and regulatory inquiries affecting the firm and its clients.
- Assisting in special projects, such as negotiation of vendor agreements and acquisition due diligence.
- Performing other types of legal services as may be assigned to support the operation of FIS’ businesses.
What you should bring:
- Juris Doctor from an ABA accredited law school.
- Currently licensed to practice law in the U.S.
- Prior experience in software, technology or financial services is desirable.
- Team player mentality with strong drafting and negotiation skills.
- Excellent business judgment, as well as the ability to prioritize workflow and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work both independently and cross-functionally are essential.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong legal background that includes some combination of transactional, litigation and commercial negotiation experience in a law firm or as part of a prior in-house experience.
- Target candidates must be enthusiastic, diligent and demonstrate sound judgment in face of challenging and sometimes competing demands.
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The opportunity to work with a dedicated, close-knit group of talented attorneys in the emerging and evolving space of technology and financial services.
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect.
If interested, please visit the FIS job board below to apply.
Questions? Contact Betsy Meek, Corporate Recruiter II at [email protected] or 904-438-6985.
Posted on January 28, 2020
Position: Vice President and Assistant General Counsel
Company: StoneMor Inc.
Location: Trevose, PA
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic, hardworking and collegial legal team as a Vice President and Assistant General Counsel, whose duties include counseling and providing advice to the Human Resources team and members of senior management. This is a high-profile and high-visibility role that will entail interactions with every member of the C-Suite. Responsibilities include overseeing outside counsel, managing employment litigation, and coordinating with the in-house legal team on M&A, compliance and other corporate matters.
The ideal candidate will be an independent self-starter with exceptional personal and communication skills. Candidates with 7+ years of substantive employment experience with a corporate legal department or law firm highly preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Counsel and provide substantive advice to Human Resources Department on various employment-related issues, including employee complaints and internal investigations, wage and hour law, FMLA/leave of absence and disability accommodation strategies, employee discipline and termination issues, unemployment and state agency claims, employee benefits, employment agreements, and policy-related issues.
- Monitor and oversee all employment-related litigation.
- Spearhead development of internal employment policies and best practices.
- Identify and evaluate legal risks and opportunities in the employment area and counsel involved parties accordingly.
- Educate and advise employees and stakeholders on legal matters, policies, and procedures.
- Develop training and other resources to foster legal compliance and best practices.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable employment laws, regulations, and policies.
- Help manage a broad litigation docket and manage outside counsel on strategy and cost.
- Carry out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical, and professional manner.
- Support and assist the legal team.
- Other projects as assigned by the CLO.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Position handles projects as assigned by supervisor
- Excellent computer skills and deep experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Gmail, Google Chrome essential. Familiarity with Serengeti/Legal Tracker preferred.
- Ability to independently handle basic and complex employment-related legal issues.
- Ability to manage heavy workload in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to exercise high degree of discretion and good judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills within and across departments and externally.
- Strong writing skills.
- Good team-player, self-confident, and a self-starter.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization and outside counsel.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
Education and Experience:
- Juris Doctorate from top law school.
- Member in good standing of at least one State Bar.
- 7+ years of substantive employment experience with a corporate legal department or law firm highly preferred.
- Exposure to broad range of legal practices highly preferred.
- Experience managing outside counsel highly preferred.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
- The work environment is a desk or office in the corporate office.
- Occasional travel may be required in order to support business needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily and possess the education, experience and skills described above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Posted on January 20, 2020
POSITION: Senior Counsel, Corporate & Transactions, reporting to the Vice President & Assistant General Counsel (Corporate and Transactions)
COMPANY: Ricoh USA, Inc. ("Ricoh")
LOCATION: Exton, PA (Corporate Headquarters)
POSITION PROFILE: This position provides general legal support on corporate and transactional matters affecting one or more Ricoh business units and/or corporate functions, and requires a pragmatic problem-solver with excellent credentials and a desire to promote profitable and ethical growth. Successful candidates will be results-focused, possess an energetic approach, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a general advisor to sales and functional leaders within the company.
- Reviews, negotiates, drafts, and provides advice on commercial and other transactions.
- Guides the efforts of a team of contact management specialists.
- Supports Ricoh's direct sales efforts in reviewing, negotiating, drafting, and providing advice and guidance on agreements with Ricoh's customers, including, without limitation, equipment sales agreements, Article 2A finance leases, service agreements, software/equipment/device as a service agreements, subscription agreements, statements of work, labor outsourcing agreements, professional services agreements, IT services agreements, non-disclosure/confidentiality agreements, data processing agreements (DPAs), and business associate agreements (BAAs).
- Supports Ricoh's supply chain, marketing, IT, and other business units and/or corporate functions in reviewing, negotiating, drafting, and providing advice and guidance on commercial and technology contracts with Ricoh's partners and vendors, including licensing agreements, maintenance agreements, professional services agreements, cloud services agreements, software/equipment/device as a service agreements, e-commerce agreements, development agreements, evaluation agreements, non-disclosure/confidentiality agreements, DPAs, and BAAs.
- Provides advice and training to business leaders on various issues arising in the day-to-day business of the company.
- Offers creative solutions to resolve business problems and to eliminate obstacles.
- Coordinates and ensured the implementation of advice from subject-matter experts.
- Advises on disputes between the company and third parties and helps to interpret contractual and other legal obligations. Collaborates with assigned litigation resources in Ricoh's response to and resolution of any disputes.
- Understands and promotes the company's policies and programs designed to minimize the company's legal exposure and operational risks, including, but not limited to, the company's compliance programs and its Code of Ethics.
- Supervises the work of outside counsel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications) Typically Requires:
- Requires between 2+ years of experience at a large law firm and/or the legal department of a significant corporation and has knowledge of commercial and corporate law.
- Requires a J.D. from a reputable, accredited law school and admission to the bar of at least one state.
Posted on January 3, 2020
POSITION: Associate General Counsel and Vice President, Private Assets
DESCRIPTION: Glenmede is seeking an Associate General Counsel at the Vice President level. This position will be responsible for all legal and compliance matters for Glenmede’s private asset program, which includes investments in private equity and hedge funds as well as fund formation and distribution. In addition, this position will assist on a wide range of legal and regulatory issues that arise in the ordinary course of a wealth and investment management business, including trust and fiduciary, purchasing and contracting, employment, litigation, securities laws, OCC regulation general advice.
LOCATION: This position will report to the General Counsel in Philadelphia, though there can be flexibility to work from the Company’s offices in Philadelphia, New York or Wilmington.
Private Assets — Glenmede maintains a robust private assets program that involves direct investments on behalf of clients as well as the creation and operation of proprietary fund of funds products in both private equity and hedge. This position will negotiate and review documents related to all new investments and re-ups, work with outside counsel to create new fund documentation and respond to the varied legal, contractual and administrative issues that arise in the course of such investments. This position will also be responsible for all compliance matters related to private assets, including compliance with applicable securities and banking laws and providing legal and business advice to the internal committees charged with risk oversight of such matters.
Corporate Counsel — This position will also assist the General Counsel, the Chief Fiduciary Counsel and the Chief Compliance Officer with the wide variety of legal, regulatory and business issues that arise in the ordinary course. These issues may consist of standard corporate legal matters such as business contracts, intellectual property or employment or business specific matters such as compliance with applicable OCC or SEC rules and regulations, client support and service or trust and fiduciary. The ability to provide leadership and support to internal clients to help quickly and effectively resolve issues is an essential attribute of this position.
Legal and Business Strategy — Glenmede’s Business Assurance group consists of legal, compliance, risk management and internal audit. This team works collaboratively to establish overall strategy, manage firm wide projects and provide critical support and assurance to all areas of the enterprise. This position will be expected to be a key contributor to developing and managing key strategic initiatives within Business Assurance.
Firm Building — Take an engaged role in firm-wide initiatives and projects, including attending and/or leading committees or working groups, enhancing client experience, increasing productivity and leading training and education initiatives.
- Juris Doctorate required.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience, combined law firm and in-house.
- Must have relevant experience advising private equity firms and hedge funds, with a deep understanding of the current legal and business issues impacting typical transactions for such firms.
- Broad experience with a wide variety of standard legal issues in wealth and investment management preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and to accomplish business objectives on time and within budget. High degree of comfort working within a collaborative, team based culture.
- Excellent organizational skills, project management skills, people skills, analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Proven track record of successfully managing outside counsel.
- Ability to travel on occasion, as needed.
TO APPLY: Interested and qualified candidates should contact Justin Dixon, Talent Leader, at 215-419-6724 or [email protected].
Glenmede is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Glenmede is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Glenmede are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history (including pregnancy) or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Glenmede will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Posted on December 27, 2019
COMPANY: Essity Group
POSITION: Senior Legal Counsel
This is an excellent opportunity to join our Legal team in our Philadelphia office. We’re looking for people who embody our values, aren’t afraid to challenge, innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We’re always looking for ways to improve our products and ourselves. If this is you, we’d love to talk.
LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA
We are searching for a Senior Legal Counsel to join our legal team representing the Essity Group in North America. In this role you will work with a small, collegial, highly regarded group of lawyers who handle the full range of legal issues facing a global business while supporting employees at all levels of the organization.
- The Senior Legal Counsel will work on a wide variety of matters with an emphasis on commercial contracts, Medicare/Medicaid fraud and abuse, marketing and advertising claims, distribution, antitrust compliance, HR support, privacy laws, managing litigation and education on relevant legal topics;
- The role will cover all Essity Group businesses and functions in North America as well as some of our European business;
- Experience representing manufacturing entities is helpful but not required;
- The successful candidate must have a proven ability to maintain the legal department's commitment to deliver the highest quality service at all times, a level which equals or exceeds that of any law firm;
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts with suppliers, customers, consultants and others; and,
- Draft, update, and educate to legal policies.
- JD degree;
- 10+ years of relevant legal experience;
- Experience representing a manufacturing business preferred, particularly a manufacturer or distributor of medical devices;
- Ability to undertake a project involving unfamiliar territory, spot issues and develop creative solutions;
- Current member of a bar in good standing;
- Excellent drafting skills;
- International mindset and ability to work in a matrix organization;
- Proven ability to build trust and communicate effectively;
- Ability to balance, and advise convincingly regarding, competing legal and commercial concerns; and,
- Willingness to travel frequently, primarily in North America and Europe.
TO APPLY: Visit https://essity.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Job_opportunities/job/Philadelphia/Legal-Counsel_Essity195976 or contact Erika Broadwater at [email protected] or 610-499-3435.
Posted on December 17, 2019
Position: In-House Counsel
Founded in 2000, Anexinet is an award-winning systems integration and technology management company based in Blue Bell, PA. Anexinet partners with our clients to drive better business results by modernizing their infrastructure and increasing their digital engagement. In order to best address our clients’ ever-evolving challenges, Anexinet strategically focuses on Infrastructure, Analytics & Automation, Cloud & Hybrid IT, Customer Engagement, and Enterprise Mobility. Our people come and stay at Anexinet because we are a technology focused, team-oriented organization with a culture that is second to none as reflected by our 9 consecutive Best Place to Work awards from the Philadelphia Business Journal.
We have an immediate opening for a dynamic, motivated and experienced attorney to support our growing business.
- Draft, negotiate and advise internal stakeholders relative to complex value added reseller deals, strategic alliances, software licensing, consulting services, and other agreements with our commercial clients, channel partners, and service providers
- Identify and proactively resolve issues to drive deal closure
- Solicit input from and manage priority among multiple stakeholders
- Develop, update, and maintain form agreements and standard clauses
- Review and assist with negotiation of Confidentiality Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Business Associate Agreements, Reseller Agreements, Statements of Work, and other agreements as needed
- Assist leadership in assessing of business and legal risk to the company and facilitate appropriate risk mitigation, both contractual and operational
- Maintain Company’s contract management system, draft amendments to existing client agreements, update agreement templates, contract playbooks
- Manage the timely processing of all contracts and amendments from initial request through execution
- Collaborate with Sales and Delivery leadership to facilitate change orders, letters of intent, etc.
- Provide support for RFI and RFP processes as needed
- Proactively monitor the legal landscape to provide strategic advice and guidance changes and emerging issues in areas such as privacy, data security and employment
- Support any mergers and acquisitions activities and associated due diligence
- Support the Human Resources team on employment related matters
- Manage and coordinate legal matters with outside counsel as needed
- Law degree (JD, LLB or equivalent) from an ABA accredited US law school with strong academic credentials
- Admission to and in good standing with the Pennsylvania State Bar
- 5 or more years of transactional experience gained in-house or at a law firm
- Strong analytical and drafting skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- History of negotiating complex information technology agreements with external clients
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experience with channel sales preferred
- Background in mergers and acquisition transactions a strong plus
- Proficiency in advising on data protection issues and privacy laws as well as information technology services
- Understanding of advanced information technologies
- Highly motivated self-starter with demonstrated ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced sales environment with minimal supervision
- "Team player" who enjoys partnering with cross-functional teams to solve complex issues in a matrixed environment
- Service-oriented individual who addresses business requests for legal advice promptly and clearly
- Demonstrates sound judgment in ambiguous situations
- Understands business issues and has a pragmatic, commercial orientation
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills