The Chapter Job Board is a free service for ACC Greater Philadelphia member companies where in-house attorney job postings can be listed and viewed by any chapter member. Our goal with this page is to help connect chapter members and companies with each other in the job search process.
Postings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, disability, source of income, or place of residence or business, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
Job postings coordinated by legal recruiters can not be listed on this page and instead must be promoted through the ACC In-house Jobline (http://www.acc.com/jobline/index.cfm).
Posted June 7, 2019
POSITION: Senior Legal Counsel I
COMPANY: Tekni-Plex, Inc.
LOCATION: Wayne, PA
DESCRIPTION: We are hiring for a Senior Legal Counsel for our Corporate office within Tekni-Plex, Inc. In this newly created Global role you will have the responsibility for working with and supporting all levels of employees.
- The Senior Legal Counsel will work on a wide variety of matters with an emphasis on procurement and supply agreements, but also including other commercial contracts, compliance programs, and legal policies.
- The role will span across all of Tekni-Plex’s business units and locations, requiring direct interaction with personnel and third parties around the world.
- Experience representing manufacturing entities is helpful but not required; what will be essential is the ability to undertake a project involving unfamiliar territory, spot issues, and develop creative solutions. Excellent drafting skills are a must.
- This position must be able to maintain the legal department’s standard to deliver the highest quality service at all times, to a level equaling or surpassing that of any law firm.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts with suppliers, customers, consultants and others
- Design and monitor compliance programs (FCPA, import/export, credit documents).
- Draft, maintain, and regulate legal policies.
- Perform significant interaction with business personnel at all levels of our organization.
- JD Law Degree from an accredited institution required.
- 5+ years of legal experience required.
- Significant commercial contract experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Member of Bar, certificate in good standing required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Precise drafting ability and issue spotting.
- Ability to balance competing legal and commercial concerns.
TO APPLY: Contact Fred Kirschbaum, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at Fred.Kirschbaum@tekni-plex.com.
Posted June 5, 2019
POSITION: Trial Attorney
COMPANY: Allstate Insurance Company
LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA
DESCRIPTION: The Trial Attorney will:
- Represent insured’s of Allstate and the Company in the defense of low to moderate to exposure bodily injury and Property damage law suits.
- Assess liability and damages and develop defenses to allegations and/or pursuit of Subrogation for a successful resolution of cases.
- Effectively negotiate settlements including all aspects of liability and damages.
- Attend hearings and conduct trials.
- Argue motions; take effective depositions of lay and expert witnesses.
- Consult with clients, opposing counsel and the judiciary.
- Coordinate the case handling with claims personnel.
- Complete necessary system documentation.
- Assist other attorneys in resolving calendar conflicts.
- Juris Doctorate degree and member in good standing of Pennsylvania State Bar.
- Up to five years Insurance Defense, criminal trial experience, subrogation and/or Personal Injury litigation experience preferred.
- Trial and/or Arbitration experience is preferred, with flexibility to work across several disciplines that may include SIU, PIP, UM and Subrogation.
- Strong technology skills beneficial; experience with Microsoft Office, Lexis, and the internet.
- Ability to work well with others on a team of attorneys, paralegals, administrative assistants, supervised by an attorney Lead Counsel.
- Must be able to handle a large caseload.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are key to working with a variety of internal and external contacts as well as for preparing reports, pleadings, and correspondence, collaborating with others, etc. Will work independently as well as part of a cohesive team.
- Ability to travel.
- Periodically lifting in excess of 20 pounds throughout the day, depending on court matters being handled. Attorneys are required to cover court matters for each other; attorneys have laptops.
- Bending to pick up the computer bag which sometimes is more than 20 pounds, entering and exiting a vehicle, maneuvering files and computer at security checkpoints.
- Turning and twisting at work.
- Driving at least 40-50 miles daily depending on the activities being covered, court, doctors’ depositions, discovery depositions, and case evaluations, etc.
- Sitting for pro-longed periods of time en route to court, in court or at court proceedings, depositions, etc.
- Walking and rolling brief case with files from vehicle to the legal proceeding and/or deposition and facilitations, etc.
- Trial preparation could require lifting in excess 20 lbs. because of exhibits, materials, records from plaintiff, etc. These materials are printed for some proceedings.
FOLLOW THIS LINK TO APPLY ONLINE:
Posted May 30, 2019
POSITION: Legal Operations Specialist
COMPANY: Veeva Systems
LOCATION: Radnor, PA
DESCRIPTION: Veeva’s Commercial Legal Team is looking for a dynamic team player who excels in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you will serve as the hub of the Commercial Legal Team, helping to support business processes, serving as the frontline for responding to commercial contract-related requests, maintaining information and records, and developing and maintaining department technology applications. The Commercial Legal Team provides assistance to Veeva’s fast-moving U.S. sales and services teams. This role will be located in Radnor, PA and will report to the Senior Managing Counsel, U.S. Commercial.
- Manage our customer contract management system (currently managed in Salesforce.com );
- Manage and address incoming inquiries to the Commercial Legal Team
- Maintain contract template versions;
- Participate in the evaluation, testing and implementation (including training of team members) of new, or enhancements to existing, applications;
- Analyze and develop reports on the accuracy, reliability and effectiveness of existing systems and recommend improvements in system design, business processes and new technology product offerings;
- Review non-disclosure agreements;
- Be responsible for signature acquisition process;
- Support the Commercial Legal Team as requested;
- Other responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree with excellent academic credentials;
- At least 4 years in-house experience in legal operations, sales operations or contract administration;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a friendly, outgoing, and flexible manner
- Experience in a dynamic high-performing environment requiring a high level of responsiveness;
- Attention to detail, proactive, and communicative – you know when to escalate;
- Ability to expertly handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Excellent business judgment;
- Comfortable reviewing simple legal documents (e.g., NDAs) to identify areas of concern;
- Familiarity with Gmail, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Sign (f/k/a EchoSign), Salesforce, and comfortable learning any new program or software;
- Experience working in-house at a technology company, software company or pharmaceutical company strongly preferred.
- Flexible PTO;
- Annual stock bonus and restricted stock units;
- Free snacks and beverages;
- Allocations for continuous learning & development;
- Health & wellness programs.
TO APPLY ONLINE VISIT: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/legal-operations-specialist-at-veeva-systems-1287297936/
Posted May 24, 2019
POSITION: Director, Corporate Counsel – Development: provides legal services and counsel to key client groups including the clinical development and medical affairs functions.
COMPANY: Incyte Corporation, a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of proprietary therapeutics.
LOCATION: Wilmington, DE
JOB SUMMARY/PRIMARY FUNCTION/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a thorough understanding of and familiarity with the company's business, its people, products, markets, facilities, customers and competitors and utilizes that knowledge in providing guidance and counsel to internal clients.
- Establish a rapport and a working relationship with business personnel to encourage and continue the proactive use of in-house legal counsel.
- Provide day-to-day legal advice regarding a wide range of activities and programs related to drug product development and medical affairs.
- Draft, negotiate, and review contracts involving research services, consulting, advisory board, clinical trials, investigator sponsored research and related contract matters.
- Identify and communicate to clients risks associated with day-to-day operational business activities, including training clients on applicable legal issues within lawyer's expertise.
- Partner with clients to proactively apply legal and regulatory framework to business activity by understanding business goals and developing alternative solutions to assist in the achievement of successful outcomes.
- Negotiate on behalf of, and partners with, clients to achieve solutions consistent with business objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS (Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience, and competency):
- J.D. degree, as well as membership in good standing of at least one state bar.
- At least 7+ years of related experience. At least 2 years in-house legal experience in a pharmaceutical company is preferred.
- Solid working knowledge of pharmaceutical development and medical affairs programs and of the application to these activities of the various statutes, regulations and guidance documents applicable to these activities will be essential (e.g., the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, regulations and guidance documents; the federal and state anti-kickback statutes, regulations and OIG guidance documents and opinions; the Federal False Claims Act; the Prescription Drug Marketing Act and regulations; HIPAA and other privacy laws ; and ACCME policies and guidelines).
- Good general working knowledge of liability issues and contract preparation and negotiation.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to communicate concisely to clients, to integrate legal and business knowledge and to provide balanced advice regarding risks.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to flourish in a fast-paced environment.
CONTACT: Darren Teeter, Sr. Director, Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org
TO APPLY ONLINE: Visit: https://www.incyte.com/join-us/careers
Posted May 22, 2019
POSITION: Senior Counsel - Transactions
COMPANY: Ricoh USA, Inc.
LOCATION: Malvern, PA
With the guidance and supervision of the Vice President & Asst. General Counsel (Transactions), provides general legal support (excluding litigation and HR support) on transactional and commercial matters affecting one or more RICOH business units and/or corporate functions. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a collaborative, team environment and have a vested interest in providing strategic legal support. Successful candidates will be results focused, possess an energetic approach and take pride in their integrity.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews, drafts and negotiates transactional agreements and other legal documents, including contracts with customers and vendors as follows:
- Customer-facing contracts in support of Ricoh's direct sales efforts, including, equipment sales, Article 2A finance leases, service agreements, labor outsourcing agreements, professional services agreements and IT services agreements.
- Engage with supply chain management, technology, alliance, IT and other departments of Ricoh in negotiating, drafting and reviewing major and/or non-standard commercial and technology contracts with Ricoh vendors, including licensing agreements, maintenance agreements, professional services agreements, cloud services agreements, software as a service agreements, e-commerce agreements, development agreements, evaluation agreements, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Works with Ricoh sales professionals in structuring, drafting and negotiating customer-facing contracts and complex statements of work, and works with internal clients in structuring and negotiating inbound technology transactions.
- Provides legal advice, guidance and training to corporate and local management on legal and risk issues arising from the day-to-day business of the company.
- Offers creative solutions to help resolve business issues and eliminate blockers.
- Coordinates advice from subject matter experts.
- Advises management on any disputes between the company and any of its customers or vendors. Collaborates with assigned litigation resources in Ricoh's response to and resolution of such disputes
- Understands and promotes compliance with the company's policies and programs designed to minimize the company's legal exposure and operational risks, including, but not limited to, the company's Code of Ethics, Non-Standard Document Policy, and Signing Authority Policy
- Upon prior approval of General Counsel and/or Vice President & Deputy General Counsel and when necessary, retains and supervises work of outside counsel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications):
- Requires between 2-5 years of corporate or transactional experience at a large law firm and/or the legal department of a significant corporation; and strong knowledge of commercial and corporate law.
- Requires degree from a reputable, accredited law school and admission to the bar of at least one state.
- Our preference is candidates that have corporate experience which can include experience gained through a secondment.
Posted May 14, 2019
POSITION: Senior Legal Counsel
LOCATION: Newtown Square, PA
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE:
SAP is seeking a Senior Legal Counsel to support primarily its ecosystem sales organizations, including both On Premise and Cloud businesses. Prime responsibilities include, drafting and negotiating multiple complex technology license, service, reseller, privacy, data security and related agreements with partners and customers to help achieve SAP’s business growth strategies and objectives, within SAP risk tolerances, while maintaining SAP policies, and complying with applicable laws. You will act as a prime contact for the relevant sales and related business teams and provide legal advice and counseling on a wide variety of matters, including intellectual property, licensing, services transactions, data security, privacy and license compliance matters.
This position requires independent thinking with strong communication, negotiation and analytical skills, superior business judgment, the ability to resolve complex issues in an effective and solution-oriented manner, and the ability to manage multiple projects and transactions at the same time. You will need to demonstrate the ability to draft and negotiate complex agreements, work with sales and services professionals, pricing and revenue recognition teams, and others, in a fast-paced environment. The ability to work within a team across a wide organization is critical. This position spends a significant amount of time in customer and partner facing negotiations (SAP office and on-site at customer or partner locations as required). Experience in the software sector is strongly preferred.
Requires a JD degree, active membership in at least one state bar and a minimum of 5-8 years of related experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work directly with customers and partners to prepare, negotiate and draft direct customer contracts and indirect partner agreements. Responsible for negotiating and resolving contract issues in all company lines of business, including without limitation licensing, services, data security, privacy and partner agreements.
- Work closely with internal Contracts, Sales, Pricing, DPO, Shared Services and Revenue Recognition teams during the drafting and negotiation process.
- Verify customer user and pricing information provided in the Order Form with the Quote Tool provided by shared services organizations and/or Account Executive, and work with Revenue Recognition team to ensure final business and contract terms to not cause revenue deferrals.
- Support of Internal Line(s) of Business and/or Practice Area(s) – Support business leaders and teams on various issues related to such areas.
- Support might include overseeing outside counsel, working on a matrix team with the business, helping to develop/support new programs etc.
- Internal Customer Support: interface with sales, services account teams, their management and other lines of business representatives to provide support and training as well as knowledge transfer.
- Advise personnel of the legal ramifications of past and proposed actions, and formulate solutions to problems.
- Anticipate problems and initiate actions to resolve them using professional qualifications and experience and in accord with company policies and procedures.
- At direction of General Counsel or Assistant General Counsel, collaborate with legal colleagues (global and local) and relevant F/A functions with respect to creation of new or updated programs, development of contract templates, manuals and other materials in support of such programs in accord with SAP policy and procedure, while mitigating risk to the company and achieving regional/global consistency
- Special Projects: Perform special projects as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- Juris Doctor - Graduation from A.B.A. accredited law school
- Preferred: intellectual property expertise and complex transaction experience in the areas of software licensing, cloud services, professional services, e-contracts and delivery of associated services, OEM and reseller agreements.
- Active membership in at least one state bar
- At least 5 years’ experience with software/cloud licensing.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.