Helping Corporate Lawyers Around the World Be Effective, Recognized, and Successful
Finally, there is an intensive program designed specifically to help in-house attorneys become proficient in the essential skills identified as critical to an in-house legal career—and a certification that recognizes those who have mastered the requisites.
This unique program will help you position yourself—and members of your team—as indispensable to the corporate client and raise the stature of your law department overall.
About the Program
The ACC In-house Counsel Certification Program covers the core competencies that are applied by corporate counsel professionals. Certification is not tied to any specific country’s laws, but draws from the experience of ACC's global membership to identify skills essential to a successful in-house practice.
The program's 25-hour curriculum targets three competency areas: Stakeholder Relationships, Law Department Management, and Legal Services. Training and certification exams are conducted in English.
By participating in this comprehensive program, you will learn to:
- Translate your legal knowledge into business solutions that meet client expectations.
- Build the emotional intelligence and people management skills necessary for navigating the unique culture of your organization.
- Deploy value-based policies, along with effective employee training, to help protect your organization from legal liability.
- Implement tech-forward processes that can take your legal operations to a new level of efficiency.
- Contribute to financial decision-making and strategic planning, both on the law department level and across the organization.
- Articulate, as well as demonstrate, the value of the law department.
Learn more about the curriculum.
About the Designation
Participants earn the In-house Counsel Certified (ICC) designation upon completing the requirements of the ACC In-house Counsel Certification Program, specifically, the 25-hour training and assessment. This elite, global credential indicates that its holder possesses the competence, skills, and acumen to complement a high-performing organization. Take a look at what participants are saying.