Association of Corporate Counsel - Wisconsin Code of Conduct for Events
Last updated: October 11, 2023
Association of Corporate Counsel - Wisconsin (ACC-WI) is committed to ensuring a safe, welcoming, and respectful environment at its events.
At ACC-WI sponsored events, you must always treat others with respect and civility
This Code of Conduct applies to all ACC-WI sponsored events and any related events or social gatherings. Events sponsored by ACC will be governed by ACC Glocal Event Code of Conduct.
This Code of Conduct applies to anyone involved in an ACC-WI sponsored event, including all ACC-WI employees, staff and volunteers, ACC members, attendees, guests, speakers, volunteers, sponsors, exhibiters, vendors and venue staff. This policy is subject to change without notice.
Unacceptable Conduct Includes:
- Violence, threats of violence, unwanted touching, or physical intimidation
- Disruptive behavior or bullying
- Verbal or written harassment on any basis, including sexual harassment
- Displaying inappropriate visual information
- Possession of weapons or illegal substances
- Behavior that is illegal
- Violation of the rules of the event or venue
- Failure to follow safety instructions of ACC-WI staff
- Any behavior that ACC-WI believes lacks respect or civility
Contact local law enforcement or emergency services immediately if you notice a dangerous situation, threats of violence or someone in distress.
To report Unacceptable Conduct at an event, contact a member of ACC Wisconsin staff as soon as possible or file a complaint using the ACC-WI complaint form.
You may make Complaints anonymously. Whatever information you can provide, including identifying witnesses, will be helpful.
All reports will be kept as confidential as possible.
Consequences of Unacceptable Conduct
Unacceptable Conduct will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply at once.
Violations of this policy may result in:
- Removal from an event without refund or warning
- Banning from future ACC events
- Revoking ACC membership
- Referral to local law enforcement
Internal Action Steps
If a host/moderator/staff member witness or be alerted to any unacceptable behavior by a meeting participant, they will immediately reach out to members of the ACC-WI Board via email.
The ACC-WI Board, or their designee, will review all allegations of violations of this Code of Conduct for Events and process according to its adopted procedures.