DEAR ACC GEORGIA MEMBERS:
We're halfway through 2019, and our ACC Georgia Chapter already has provided a variety of ways for members to connect and get involved in the corporate counsel community. Throughout the spring, our membership has been active in several events designed specifically for in-house counsel:
- ACC Value Challenge: The April 30 event hosted by Taylor English and additionally sponsored by Bondurant, Mixson & Elmore; Eversheds Sutherland; PwC and Morris Manning & Martin featured four panel presentations and eight roundtable sessions with corporate counsel and law firms.
- Women’s Initiative: The April 24 event was a golf clinic sponsored by Bodker, Ramsey, Andrews, Winograd & Wildstein; Eversheds Sutherland; Kilpatrick Townsend; Ogletree Deakins; Taylor English and LawDocsXpress.
- Leadership Series: On April 19, Smith Gambrell & Russell sponsored our continuing leadership development program, which focused on resiliency and innovation.
- Special Event at Chateau Elan: On May 13, the ACC Georgia and ACC South Carolina chapters came together for the first time for a joint CLE and networking event sponsored by Ogletree Deakins at the north Georgia winery.
- Corporate Counsel Awards: On May 8, we celebrated the achievements of eight outstanding in-house counsel at the Twelve Midtown ballroom at Atlantic Station. The awards honored in-house attorneys who have distinguished themselves in serving the community, championing diversity, excelling in a specialized area of law, leading legal departments and demonstrating lifetime achievement.
We have many more events scheduled before Labor Day to support our members' career development. These include three monthly luncheons, two Women's Initiative events, a deep dive luncheon and our annual Braves CLE event sponsored by Nelson Mullins.
Summer is also the time to provide opportunities to future lawyers, and ACC Georgia is proud to again sponsor the Lori Ann Haydu Memorial Summer Internship program. Law school students work as paid interns at two corporations, allowing them to experience what it’s like to work in-house.
Thank you to our members for their involvement and to all sponsors whose support has made these programs possible. Together, these contributions continue to make the ACC Georgia chapter a vibrant community for in-house counsel.
See you at our next event!
ACC Georgia President
Assistant General Counsel, Cox Communications, Inc.