The Michigan Chapter has been a part of ACC since 1983. Its membership has grown from an initial group of about 35 to more than 600 attorneys serving as General Counsel, Assistant General Counsel and Corporate Counsel to automotive companies, financial institutions, health care providers, utilities, retailers, science and technology companies, educational institutions, and the like located throughout the state of Michigan. The Chapter maintains an active board of directors and officers that are elected annually by its membership.
The Chapter's major offerings include continuing legal education, opportunities to network with other in-house attorneys, and advocacy on behalf of the profession.
The Chapter's Scholarship provides scholarships to outstanding students at four Michigan law schools.
LOOKING FOR WAYS TO GET INVOLVED IN THE MICHIGAN CHAPTER OF ACC?
Do you have an interest in serving on the Board of Directors in the future? Contact Chapter President: Jennifer Neumann, American Axle & Manufacturing, at [email protected] to explore all the ways you can become a part of the ACC Michigan leadership.
Our chapter has several working committees and all would welcome your help. Please contact our Executive Director, Nicole Smith, at [email protected] if you are interested in serving on one of the following committees:
- Membership: Co- Chair: Kristen Netschke, Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Email: [email protected].
- Program: Co-chair: Jennifer Neumann, American Axle & Manufacturing Inc, Email: [email protected]. Co-chair: Heather Betts, DTE Energy, Email: [email protected]
- Pro Bono: Bernie Lourim, FANUC Robotics America, Inc, Email; [email protected]
- Scholarship: Matthew Case, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Email: [email protected]
- Annual Golf Outing: Co-chair: Matthew Case, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Email: [email protected]. Co-Chair: Michael Qaqish, IAC Group, Email: [email protected]
- Communications: Dawn Reamer, Magna, Email: [email protected]
ACC-Michigan communication is all via e-mail. Please keep your e-mail address current with ACC and our local chapter, so we can stay in contact with you.