The Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Working Group was formed in 2022 by Co-Chairs Mark Maurice-Jones and Yves Heijmans. Currently, the working group is managed by Marlene Connolly and Mark Maurice-Jones
The ESG Working Group supports in-house counsel to educate themselves and engage with colleagues, other corporate functions and the in-house community on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) legal matters, by facilitating the sharing of practical and relevant information through training programs, networking with peers and experts and encouraging advocacy initiatives.
The full list of the ESG Working Group members can be found here.
The intitial objectives agreed by the ESG Working Group for 2022-3 are to:
- Collate and confirm the feedback from members on the key areas of interest for this year
- Create an education programme for members with the aim of launching the initial training towards the end of the year
- Ensure ACCE members are more informed about existing ACCE & ACC resources
- Develop a partnership with a top university for ESG qualification
- Host an ESG panel session at the ACCE Annual Conference in Brussels, April 2023
- Share best practices on ESG initiatives for in house legal departments
These objectives will be reviewed and revised during each ESG Working Group meeting during the year.
The latest ACC ESG resources can be found here.