OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS
The Outstanding Achievement Awards will consist of four categories – innovative programming effort, best membership strategy implemented, best partnership program and best diversity initiative. Entries will be judged based on membership size categories.
INNOVATIVE PROGRAMMING EFFORT
Innovative chapter programs will be evaluated on specific components of the program, including planning, goals, timeline, budget, communications and promotional materials, challenges faced/addressed. Eligible programs will include educational, social and award events.
BEST MEMBERSHIP STRATEGY IMPLEMENTED
Successful programs, projects or ideas that encourage and improve membership recruitment or renewal. Entries might include a short-term recruitment campaign or components of retention efforts. Examples of recruitment programs include creative tie-ins to ACC initiatives, samples supporting yearlong recruitment efforts by the chapter through member involvement, leadership support, or written materials promoting member benefits. Retention programs may include orientations, member involvement efforts, renewal time line or promotion of ACC core services and benefits.
BEST PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM
Includes any partnership of the chapter with other allied bar associations, ACC Headquarters Committees, educational institutions and/or community organization that result in positive impact to members, the in-house profession or the community. Partnership features are judged along with a written description of the planning and implementation of the project or program.
BEST DIVERSITY INITIATIVE
Awarded to a chapter that has strategically and successfully development an event or program for a minority segment of their membership or community. Segments can include, but are not limited to young professionals, women, and ethnicity, or diversity scholarships and training programs.
- Entries must been produced and substantially completed in the award year (April 2023 - May 2024).
- Chapter entries must be submitted by the Chapter Leadership, Administrator or by a designee of the aforementioned.
- Chapters may submit multiple entries in each award category as long as each entry represents entirely separate and distinct initiatives. Otherwise only one entry will be accepted.
- Entries must be received at ACC HQ office by the close of business on the stated deadline. No exception to the deadline date will be made.
- Chapter programs, products and services that have previously been awarded are ineligible.
Applications are due no later than Wednesday, July 10. ACC Chapter staff will screen all entries to verify eligibility and compliance with submission requirements. Any entry not meeting the basic submission requirements will be returned for additional information. The entrant will have seven (7) business days to submit additional support materials. After the seven day window lapses, the entry will be disqualified.
Each entry must include the following:
- One complete Online Entry Form, including a description of the entry. Entries are disqualified if any information on the form is missing.
- Specific category criteria as outlined in the annual Call for Entries.