Code of Conduct for ACC Chicago Events
The Association of Corporate Counsel Chicago (ACC Chicago) is committed to ensuring a safe and welcoming environment for all participants who engage with ACC Chicago both online and in person. Every participant deserves to be treated with respect and dignity and we expect all participants at ACC Chicago online and in-person events (whether participating as a speaker, partner, sponsor, member, or attendee) to abide by this Code of Conduct.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions;
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and speech;
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants;
- Alert ACC Chicago if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or any violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential;
- Contact a Board Member of ACC Chicago if you feel you are being subjected to, or notice that someone else is being subjected to, behavior that violates this Code of Conduct;
- All reports of incidents/allegations will be kept confidential.
Unacceptable behaviors include, but are not limited to:
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person;
- Offensive verbal comments, including comments that others may find inappropriate (e.g., related to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability);
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions;
- Inappropriate photography or recording of individuals without their knowledge or permission;
- Recording sessions without permission;
- Inappropriate physical contact; you should have someone’s consent before touching them;
- Unwelcome sexual attention including sexualized comments or jokes, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images, inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcome sexual advances;
- Intimidation, stalking or following;
- Violating the rules and regulations of the conference venue or hotel;
- Sustained disruption of sessions or other events.
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. Anyone engaged in unacceptable behavior is subject to expulsion from the event without warning or refund.
Need to file a complaint? Please write Chicago@accglobal.com to request a complaint form. A copy of the complaint will be provided to the accused for an opportunity to respond.
We Respect Your Confidentiality
The rights and privacy of those involved, including the rights of those who are being investigated, are protected. Keep in mind that if you report a concern, your identity will only be revealed if it is absolutely necessary and only to those who have a clear need to know so they can completely address and resolve the incident you reported.