The Leading Environmental and Social Sustainability sub-committee of ACC Australia was formed to assist members in taking a lead role in sustainability and social governance in their workplace whether they are companies or government departments and agencies.
Employees, shareholders, community, customers, and your partners up and down the supply chain all expect that your organisation will have considered and taken active steps to be a responsible social entity.
Support for the Uluru Statement From the Heart
ACC Australia is pleased to announce its support of the Uluru Statement of the Heart, following unanimous support by both the ACC Australia and ACC Global Boards. To formalise this support we have submitted a letter to the Prime Minister at the government portal (https://haveyoursay.voice.niaa.gov.au/submissions). We encourage all our members to join us in this action.
Not sure where to start?
- Visit fromtheheart.com.au to learn more about why a Constitutional amendment enshrining an Indigenous Voice is needed now.
- Our letter to the government can be viewed here
- We have also provided you with our ACC Australia Board paper to use as a guide when supporting the Uluru Statement of the Heart which you can modify as needed
Resources and Links
On this page you will find a curated list of resources and links to tools and presentations that will guide you through that process and help you benchmark and learn from what other organisations are doing in this space.
For quick access, here are our top 3 requested resources.
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Compliance Issues
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Company and Legal Department Leading Practices for Aligning Sustainability, Corporate Citizenship and Business Purpose
- Chief Legal Officers on the Intersection of Pro Bono and Corporate Social Responsibility
Defining Environmental and Social Responsibility
In defining environmental and social responsibility, we find it helpful to focus on the following interrelated pillars: