Date: Wednesday, April 1, 2020
When: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm (EST)
Webinar: Viewing instructions will be e-mailed to those who RSVP to attend.
To slow the spread of the coronavirus, provincial governments across Canada have defined “essential” businesses and some provinces have ordered non-essential businesses to cease operations. And the Federal government has prohibited foreign nationals from entering Canada, and has ordered returning Canadians to quarantine, unless they provide essential services.
Join lawyers from McMillan's Business Law Group and public affairs advisors from McMillan Vantage for a webinar on Wednesday, April 1 as we discuss the nationwide impacts, rules and regulations for defining “essential” workplaces and services and the closure of non-essential businesses.
In this presentation we will specifically consider:
- Categories of “essential” workplaces and services in every province
- What non-essential businesses are permitted to do
- Treatment of online businesses
- Special rules for suppliers to essential businesses
- How to get clarification from government
- Penalties for non-compliance
- Influencing designations yet to be made and advocating for changes
- What’s expected in future