Member information, resources, updates
WASHINGTON (March 5, 2020) — The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC), a global legal association representing more than 45,000 members in 85 countries, has launched an online update center in response to the recent coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak.
On January 30, 2020, the World Health Organization declared the novel coronavirus a global health emergency. While confirmed cases remain concentrated in China and parts of Asia, cases are being increasingly reported in areas of Europe, the United States, and Canada. ACC is monitoring conditions daily regarding any potential impact to the ACC community around the world, as this is a rapidly changing situation. Concern for the health and safety of ACC’s members, speakers, sponsors, and staff is of course the top priority.
ACC has not cancelled or rescheduled the following events:
- Mini MBA for In-House Counsel – various dates and locations [Boston, MA USA Public Health and Los Angeles, CA USA Public Health]
- Xchange 2020 – April 19-21 | Chicago, USA [Chicago Public Health]
- Global General Counsel Summit – June 10-12 | Zurich, Switzerland
- Corporate Counsel University – June 24-26 | Denver, USA [Denver Public Health]
- Executive Leadership Institute – July 21-24 | Chicago, USA [Chicago Public Health]
- Securities Law + Disclosure: An Executive-Level Seminar – June 21-23 | Chicago, USA [Chicago Public Health]
- Annual Meeting – October 13-16 | Philadelphia, USA [Philadelphia Public Health]
“As the impact of this virus evolves, you can be assured that ACC will do everything possible to provide you with the necessary resources to serve and advise your in-house client in the best possible way,” said Veta T. Richardson, ACC president and CEO, in a letter to members. “Our thoughts are with everyone who is being affected by this outbreak and we certainly hope for a swift end to the epidemic.”
For more information and latest updates, please visit www.acc.com/coronavirus-preparedness and ACC’s coronavirus resource collection. For media requests, please contact Dan Weber (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Carlo Massimo (email@example.com).
About ACC: The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is a global legal association that promotes the common professional and business interests of in-house counsel who work for corporations, associations and other organisations through information, education, networking, and advocacy. With more than 45,000 members in 85 countries employed by over 10,000 organisations, ACC connects its members to the people and resources necessary for both personal and professional growth. By in-house counsel, for in-house counsel.® For more information, visit www.acc.com and follow ACC on Twitter: @ACCinhouse.