Webinar - CLE Pass Eligible
Presented by the Young Lawyers Section
About the Program
This webinar is intended for lawyers who serve or would like to serve on nonprofit boards of directors. We will discuss Connecticut nonprofit law, fiduciary duties applicable to board members, questions to ask before joining a board, and how lawyers can add value to the boards on which they serve.
You Will Learn
• About key underlying state and federal laws applicable to tax-exempt CT nonprofits
• About the duties and responsibilities of board members and the role of a nonprofit board of directors
• About due diligence – what to ask before joining a board
• How to add value to the board as a lawyer
• About risk awareness and avoiding ethical issues
Who Should Attend
Attorneys interested in nonprofit boards and serving on the board.