Overview (Program Summary)
Join us for a two-part webinar series on the COVID-19 employment issues facing businesses now and the steps businesses can take to minimize their exposure to liability.
Part 2 — Working Remotely: Key Employment Law Issues and Employee Benefits Issues That Employers Should Address Now
While businesses consider a return to in-office work, the ongoing employment law issues associated with remote work and employee benefits continue to evolve and provide fertile ground for litigation. To anticipate and protect against these litigation threats, businesses need to know the recent legal developments related to COVID-19, reassess workplace policies, and implement practical solutions. In this webinar, we will discuss:
• the contents of a remote work policy;
• wage and hour issues related to remote work;
• the potential impact of remote work on restrictive covenant enforceability;
• employee benefits issues related to COVID-19, including federal COBRA subsidies and retroactive COBRA notice requirements;
• how to navigate requests for extended or permanent remote work; and
• frequently asked questions regarding COVID-19 and remote work.
Peter A. Steinmeyer, Member of the Firm, Epstein Becker Green
Susan Gross Sholinsky, Member of the Firm, Epstein Becker Green
Christopher A. McMican, Member of the Firm, Epstein Becker Green
Brian E. Spang, Member of the Firm, Epstein Becker Green
Kathleen A. Barrett, Associate, Epstein Becker Green
By registering, you agree that your name and email address will be provided to the Sponsor for one-time use (for virtual meeting management).
Participants seeking MCLE credit must participate for the entire program, provide their IL Bar number during registration and attend via the platform and identify themselves by name and email.
Once registered, you will receive an email with a unique link to connect to the webinar.
Reminder: Distance learning courses should be attended in an educational setting that is free from distractions.