Overview (Program Summary)
Please join ACC Northeast for this unique series focused on negotiation strategy for in-house lawyers. We have partnered with three regional law firms, Bernstein Shur, Verrill, and Pierce Atwood, to develop the first three sessions. Each of these sessions will provide a “deep dive” into an important aspect of negotiations. This series is free to all in-house counsel.
Part III: Best Practices in Negotiations — How to Optimize Success at the Table
In this interactive and tailored session, the presenters will discuss best practices and strategies for successfully responding to real-life challenges in negotiation, based on examples shared by the presenters and the audience. The presenters will bring research and practical experience to bear and share specific pointers, tools and best practices for effectively interacting across the table with your negotiation counterpart, and will invite participants’ views as well. Topics for discussion may include:
- Understanding the Dynamics of Compromise;
- Building Rapport and Effective Advocacy;
- Managing an Imbalance of Bargaining Power and Difficult Behaviors at the Negotiation Table.
Please come prepared with questions, examples, and areas for discussion.
Be sure to also join us for:
- Part IV, "Ethics of Negotiation" on November 17th which will feature a roundtable discussion on Ethics with panelists from each of the prior sessions. Look for further details soon.
Register below for Part III.
- Kyle Glover, Partner, Pierce Atwood LLP; Adjunct Professor of Law in Negotiation, Georgetown Law School
- Alex Bubier, Corporate Counsel, Smarsh