Overview (Program Summary)
Join ACC Chicago and Gold Sponsor Dinsmore attorney Sean Price for a roundtable discussion on software licenses and cloud computing agreements. During the event, we will outline basic characteristics of these agreements and focus on helping in-house counsel identify the greatest areas of risk. We will also discuss and offer practical guidance on how a party’s leverage affects negotiations, and in doing so, we will try to zero in on the various strategies licensees and licensors of technology use to minimize risks.
Come prepared to discuss the following questions:
- What areas of risk are most important to control and how do you minimize those risks?
- How do you translate the risks associated with cloud computing agreements to business clients?
- What strategies do you use when the other side seems to have all of the negotiating leverage? How do you deal with a bad deal?
- What strategies do you use when the party on the other side of the contract seems financially unstable?
- How do you deal with terms in agreements that can change without notice?
By registering, you agree that your name and email address will be provided for one-time use (for virtual meeting management) to the Sponsor. The link for the video conferencing platform will be sent once you are registered.
Virtual Roundtables are specifically designed to give those who are interested in a particular topic a chance to interact and discuss in an intimate small group session. Spots are limited so we ask that you register only if you are truly committed to attend.
There is no CLE credit for these chats.
We encourage you to use your camera and audio.