Greenberg Traurig – Silicon Valley
1900 University Avenue, Floor 5,
East Palo Alto, CA
Overview (Program Summary)
GDPR and EU Data Privacy Laws: Where do we stand 15 months after the regulation came into effect? What are the main risks and challenges?
What Have We Learned?
- Overview of GDPR fines and penalties
- Cookies and Tracking Devices – what is allowed, what not?
- Joint controllership in social media applications
On the Horizon
- Standard Contractual Clauses and Privacy Shield under CJEU review
- The new EU ePrivacy Regulation – when will it come into effect, what will it cover?
Carsten Kociok LL.M., Counsel, Greenberg Traurig – Berlin, Germany
Tod Cohen, Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Legal, Twitter Inc.
Zac Cox, Senior Counsel, Reddit, Inc.
Simon Seidler, Head of Legal, Udacity