Registration fees for in-person ACC HQ Conferences include sessions, scheduled meals/receptions, and written materials. They do not include travel expenses, hotel accommodations, or personal expenses. Nonmember rates include one-year of ACC membership. Nonmembers must be in-house counsel or a legal operations professional (membership eligibility rules apply). ACC membership and meeting registration will be confirmed pending approval of eligibility.
The antitrust/anticompetition laws of many territories prohibit agreements, combinations, and conspiracies in restraint of trade. By participating in this event, you agree to not act or fail to act in a manner that would violate these antitrust laws or cause an unreasonable restraint of trade.
Code of Conduct:
All attendees must agree to abide by this Code of Conduct. If you are unable or unwilling to agree to abide by this Code, you will not be able to register for this event.
Our Code of Conduct applies to in-person and virtual events alike. ACC reserves the right to suspend or remove from the conference (temporarily or permanently) any attendee who violates the Code of Conduct. If you are removed from the Conference for violating the Code of Conduct, you will not be entitled to a refund of your conference fees and you may be subject to disciplinary action.
Event Attendee Waiver and Release of Liability:
By registering for this Event, you voluntarily assume all risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, cost and/or expense (collectively, “Claim(s)”), of any kind, that you (and/or your guests, relatives, contacts or others) may incur in connection with your travel to (or from) or attendance of the Event, except to the extent the Claim is directly caused by ACC’s or the ACC Foundation’s gross negligence or reckless or intentional misconduct.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU HEREBY IRREVOCABLY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT TO HOLD HARMLESS AND NOT TO SUE, ACC, THE ACC FOUNDATION, THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, CONTRACTORS AND AFFILIATES, OF AND FROM ANY SUCH CLAIM(S) (WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER GROUNDS) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR(AND/OR YOUR GUEST(S)’) TRAVEL OR ATTENDANCE IN CONNECTION WITH THE EVENT, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THE INJURY, ILLNESS, DAMAGE, LOSS, LIABILITY, COST AND/OR EXPENSE WAS DIRECTLY CAUSED BY ACC’S OR THE ACC FOUNDATION’S GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR RECKLESS OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT. If ACC changes the Event location and/or dates, this waiver and release form will also apply regarding any Event thus modified.
- Without prejudice to the general waiver and release above, you voluntarily assume the risk of COVID-19 exposure or infection in connection with attending the Event; and you understand and agree that this release and waiver includes, without limitation, any Claims related to a COVID-19 exposure or infection occurring before, during, or after participation in the Event. You acknowledge that despite preventative measures, such exposure or infection may occur and may result in personal injury, illness, disability, and/or death to you and/or others. Under no circumstance is ACC or the ACC Foundation able to guarantee that you or others will not become infected with the COVID-19 virus while traveling to or from or attending the Event.
- In addition to all other applicable rules and regulations relating to attendance at the Event, you agree to comply with all COVID-related procedures that ACC, the ACC Foundation and/or the Event venue(s) may implement, such as, but not limited to, mask-wearing and social distancing requirements. You agree that you may be required to leave the Event for not complying with such requirements.
- You hereby agree and warrant that you will not attend or will immediately leave the Event if you:
- have been diagnosed with COVID-19 infection and have not been medically cleared; or
- experience any COVID-19 related symptom as outlined by the US federal and state Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), such as, without limitation, fever, dry cough, or shortness of breath, or
would violate quarantine or other government-mandated requirements by traveling for or attending the Event, or
- have recently been exposed to a person or animal with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19; orotherwise have reason to believe that you may be infected with the COVID-19 virus.
This waiver and release form will be governed by and construed under the laws of the District of Columbia (USA), without regard to its choice of law principles. You agree not to commence or prosecute any action in connection herewith other than in the state and/or federal courts of the District of Columbia.
Your registration and attendance at this event indicates your consent to be filmed and to the use of your image, without payment of any kind, for use in program(s) and for other promotional/editorial activities of the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) for future use in any and all media, now known or hereafter created.
Registration cancellations must be received in writing via firstname.lastname@example.org. Registrations cannot be cancelled over the telephone. Cancellations for registrations processed at the non-member rate will not be refunded the $399 membership fee included with the registration. Registration cancellations will adhere to the cancellation policy dates for each ACC HQ Conference, which can be found on their respective ACC.com webpages, without exception.
Substitute attendees (from the same organization and eligible to attend) are always welcome. Please email your request along with the substitute attendee’s information to email@example.com
Duty of Care:
Please review ACC’s updated Duty of Care policy here.
The conference organizers reserve the right to change activities, topics, and presenters where necessary. The organizers shall not be liable for any loss caused by the cancellation of the conference where such cancellation is due to Force Majeure. The term “Force Majeure” means any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the organizers including but not limited to war, hostiles (whether war be declared or not), terrorism, aircraft hijacking, military operation, riot, civil war, rebellion, civil commotion or unrest, natural disasters, acts or regulations of government, refusal to grant visas, explosions, transport delays, transport difficulties and the insolvency of airline carriers. The organizers will use all reasonable efforts to conduct the conference despite the intervention or occurrence of any such cause.
All advertised details are correct at the time of publishing. Due to unforeseen circumstances, ACC reserves the right to alter the program prior to the event without notice. We reserve the right to cancel or postpone this event.