ACC is seeking potential leaders of the in-house bar to be considered for its board of directors!
The 2019 Nominating Committee, chaired by Past Board Chair Bill Mordan of Shire PLC, is charged with identification of nominees for the ACC Board of Directors. Serving a three-year volunteer term offers the opportunity to help shape the future of ACC.
Nominations should include a brief biography, and a short statement about why the individual should be selected for the board.
Submit your nomination
The principal criteria that the Nominating Committee seeks are a commitment and willingness to work on behalf of ACC, as well as a candidate's general recognition as a leader by business and legal professionals. In considering candidates for the ACC Board of Directors, the Nominating Committee seeks to reflect the diversity of the ACC membership and the in-house counsel community. Further key considerations include:
- The type of organization represented;
- Size of legal department;
- Practice concentration and/or industry experience;
- Geographic representation to reflect the breadth of the association membership;
- International experience (such as living and/or working outside of the United States or managing global staff or issues); and
- Independence, objectivity and capability of serving as a representative of the association as a whole irrespective of committee or chapter affiliations.
All board candidates must also be willing to commit, and have sufficient time and employer support to discharge the duties of board membership, including travel to ACC board meetings. ACC generally does not cover the expenses of board members' travel. If this is a concern, you may wish to reconsider seeking nomination to the ACC Board of Directors.
The Nominating Committee will propose a slate of candidates by July, after which there will be an opportunity for nomination by petition. The election will take place on October 27, at the ACC board meeting held in conjunction with the 2019 ACC Annual Meeting in Phoenix, AZ, which takes place on October 27-30, 2019.
The nomination period closes March 25.