Hans Albers of Juniper Networks to lead the European in-house network for second term
BRUSSELS (21 October 2019) - The Association of Corporate Counsel Europe (ACC Europe), which serves over 2,900 in-house lawyers Europe, announced the reelection of Hans Albers, chief of staff, legal and associate general counsel, Juniper Networks, as president of the ACC Europe board of directors.
This will be Mr. Albers’ second term as president. His first term saw robust membership growth and several new initiatives to make ACC's legal resources, education, advocacy, and networking more valuable for members. He plans to expand chapter programming on innovative legal technology, as well as grow resources and conversations on diversity and inclusion. ACC Europe has also launched two online practice networks — one on competition law, the other on legal management and operations — to further drive interactive discussions of best practices among European members.
"Today's volatile and evolving business climate makes it more important than ever for in-house lawyers to have a strong peer network and access to trusted resources," Mr. Albers said. "I am particularly excited to share the insights of our recently launched diversity and inclusion working group with our members. It is this type of quality content and networking connections that European in-house lawyers find through ACC Europe, and I look forward to continue serving our members in the year ahead."
At Juniper Networks, Mr. Albers is chief of staff to the general counsel and oversees the global corporate entity management, as well as various strategic initiatives and projects. He was previously senior director and associate general counsel for EMEA at Juniper Networks and has been a member of the ACC Europe board of directors since 2015. Over the course of his career, Mr. Albers managed lawyers handling a wide variety of matters in the European Union, US, and emerging markets, including M&A, compliance and internal investigations, corporate governance, litigation, and general commercial law.
In addition to Mr. Albers, the following new officers were elected to the ACC Europe board of directors:
- Vice President: Steve Leroy, Group General Counsel, United Group BV (UK)
- Secretary: Jeremy Barton, General Counsel, KPMG (UK)
- Treasurer: Eva Argilés Malonda, General Counsel, Applus Services SA (Spain)
The 2020 ACC Europe Annual Conference will be held in Brussels from 17 to 19 May 2020. It will focus on “Transforming Legal: Reshaping the Future and Seizing the Opportunities.” Additional topics for upcoming ACC Europe programs include: The Evolution of Complexity Within Global Governance (Paris, 5 November), the Global Sanctions Landscape in 2020 (London, 6 November), Competition Law Series 2019 (Frankfurt, 14 November, Milan, 20 November and Paris, 5 December), and the 2020 ACC In-house Certification Program (Amsterdam, September 2020).
The ACC Europe board of directors will be supported by Ms. Robin Grossfeld, ACC’s senior vice president, global initiatives, who will lead the association’s new London office as of January 2020; and Mr. Giuseppe Marletta, ACC’s managing director, Europe, who is heading the association’s recently opened Brussels office.
The 2020 ACC Europe board of directors:
- Hans Albers - Chief of Staff Legal/Associate General Counsel, Juniper Networks (Netherlands)
- Steve Leroy - Group General Counsel, United Group BV (United Kingdom)
- Jeremy Barton - General Counsel, KPMG LLP (United Kingdom)
- Eva Argilés Malonda - General Counsel, Applus Services SA (Spain)
Members of the Board
- Marlene Connolly - Group Counsel, Forcepoint International Technology Limited (Ireland)
- Elisabeth De Dobbeleer - VP Law and Deputy General Counsel, Cisco EMEA and Russia
- Ilse De Loof - Chief Legal Officer, LBC Tank Terminals Group (Belgium)
- Dave Hart - Transformation Director, Legal and Company Secretary, BT plc
- Jasprit Sahnsi - General Counsel, Corporate, Selecta (Switzerland)
- Javier Ramírez - Vice President & Associate General Counsel, HP Inc. (Spain)
- Maria Rocha Barros - Senior Vice-President and Chief Legal Officer, booking.com (Netherlands)
ABOUT ACC EUROPE: As the leading in-house counsel association in Europe, ACC Europe promotes the interests of in-house counsel across the region through the sharing of information, education, networking, and advocacy while demonstrating innovation and leadership for the benefit of the profession. ACC Europe is a chapter of the global Association of Corporate Counsel of more than 45,000 in-house counsel employed by over 10,000 organizations in more than 90 countries.
# # #