GCs from Mumbai, Sydney, Dubai, the Hague join global board of directors
WASHINGTON (November 1, 2019) — The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC), a global legal association representing more than 45,000 members in 85 countries, named the 2020 officers and newly elected members of the global board of directors.
The 2019 officers are:
- Chair: Anneliese Reinhold, general counsel & senior vice president regulatory affairs, du, Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company (United Arab Emirates)
- Vice Chair: Jo Anne Schwendinger, chief legal officer, compliance officer & secretary, II-VI Incorporated (USA)
- Secretary: Adrian Goss, general counsel, Bauer Media Group (Australia)
- Treasurer: Maria Varsellona, group general counsel, ABB (Switzerland)
Born in Australia, Reinhold leads the legal and regulatory functions at du. She has won “Legal Department of the Year” Awards several times, been profiled in The Legal 500’s GC Powerlist: Middle East, and led the only team from a non-UK company recognized with the prestigious Lexcel practice management accreditation by the Law Society of England and Wales. The Legal 500 has described her as a “bastion for diversity,” and CommsMEA magazine listed her as one of the Middle East and Africa’s 20 leading women in the information and communications technology sector.
“Anneliese is an incredibly accomplished and creative in-house leader,” said Veta T. Richardson, ACC president and CEO. “The breadth of her repertoire, from in-depth technological knowledge to intimate familiarity with the international business community, seem tailor-made to ACC’s global membership and goals.”
“ACC is moving in an exciting direction, embracing the ‘Age of the CLO’ and helping integrate in-house counsel all over the world in the new digital, international legal space,” said Reinhold. “I look forward to working with the ACC board and leadership to continue building our global presence.”
In addition, newly appointed directors of the global board of directors are:
- Donny Ching, legal director, Royal Dutch Shell (Netherlands)
- Robert Falk, general counsel, Truth Initiative (USA)
- Cristina Gonzalez, chief legal officer, Staples (USA)
- Melissa Kennedy, chief legal officer & executive vice president, Sun Life Financial (Canada)
- Ed Paulis, assistant general counsel & vice president, Zurich North America Group (USA)
- Scott Taylor, general counsel, executive vice president & secretary, Symantec (USA)
- Liz Walker, general counsel, BT Global Services (UK)
“The board is representative of membership and has the business savvy perspectives to help ACC serve in-house counsel around the world,” said Richardson.
For a complete list of ACC’s board leadership, visit www.acc.com/aboutacc/leadership.
About ACC: The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is a global legal association that promotes the common professional and business interests of in-house counsel who work for corporations, associations and other organizations through information, education, networking, and advocacy. With more than 45,000 members in 85 countries employed by over 10,000 organizations, ACC connects its members to the people and resources necessary for both personal and professional growth. By in-house counsel, for in-house counsel.® For more information, visit www.acc.com and follow ACC on Twitter: @ACCinhouse.