Overview (Program Summary)
With the rise of generative AI in 2023, enthusiasm for the metaverse has appeared to dip. Or has it? Described as a shared, online, three-dimensional space where people can live, work, interact and connect virtually, the metaverse aspires to create a global virtual community void of physical or location restraints but has been slow to achieve widespread adoption. Conversely, generative AI has had record-breaking adoption levels and is being implemented in everyday consumer and business products and services. What can the combination of both of these technologies yield? By looking at these two together what can we learn about the possibilities and risks of each?
Please join us for a webinar where Baker McKenzie's experts will walk through a hypothetical example and have an interactive discussion about the legal issues related to the metaverse, as well as the developing influence of AI on said platforms. Questions to be addressed:
- Where do these two technologies stand together and apart?
- How do the content creation capabilities of generative AI progress the development of metaverse platforms?
- What kind of scrutiny is necessary when evaluating current and potential use cases of both Gen AI and the metaverse?
- How can product development, in-house counsel and human resources teams ensure their use of biometrics, data and machine learning are ethically sound?
- How can creators manage the collection of personal data in both Gen AI and the metaverse?