Overview (Program Summary)
September 20, 2023 IT, Privacy & eCommerce Webinar
(1 hour of Substantive CLE approved for PA, NJ & DE)
"Disclosure. Disclosure. Disclosure: Understanding the SEC’s New Final Cybersecurity Rules"
Presented by Reed Smith
On July 26, 2023, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission adopted new cybersecurity rules which became effective on September 5, 2023. For the final rule’s risk management, strategy and governance disclosures, registrants and foreign private issuers will have additional time to prepare.
Join as we discuss:
- Key aspects of the final rules
- Better practices for organizations looking to comply and related risks for management and boards
- Materiality considerations including both quantitative and qualitative factors
- Responding to cybersecurity incidents and the final rule’s impact on preparation and response
- Randall Cook, Chief Legal Officer, Blackberry
- Michael Standard, Chief Privacy Counsel, Haleon
- Gerald Stegmaier, Partner, Reed Smith