Two Embarcadero Center, 11th Floor
San Francisco, CA, USA 94111
Overview (Program Summary)
Once thought of as the stuff of amateurish virtual games, futuristic movies and imaginary science fiction, engaging in business in a virtual world or a metaverse is close enough to mainstream reality to mandate that we consider its consequences. Described as a shared, online, three-dimensional space where people can live, work, interact and connect virtually, these platforms pose incredible opportunities but also unending legal risks.
Join us for a 90 minute session where we will walk through a hypothetical example and have an interactive discussion about the legal issues that can arise. For example…
- Are you reviewing your strategy for IP registration and protection in a global, virtual world — including if and where you register your trademarks?
- How do you plan to manage the collection of personal data, and can it be monetized?
- What do you foresee as your key revenue drivers/business model in a virtual environment? Have you considered which IP you may license for NFTs and the terms of such licenses?
- With increased network security requirements by regulators, expanding vectors of attack and the heightened sophistication of cyberattacks, have you revisited your cybersecurity policy and data incident procedures recently?
- Have you created specific terms and conditions to govern interactions with business customers and individual consumers using your products/services?
Cynthia Cole, Partner, Baker McKenzie
Teresa Michaud, Partner, Baker McKenzie
Stephanie King, Chief Administrative and Legal Officer, GC Playco
11:30 am – Registration, Lunch, Networking
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm – Program
Two Embarcadero Center (entrance on Davis St.)
San Francisco, California 94111
Parking rate is $6 per 30 mins
To access Baker McKenzie’s office on the 11th floor of Two Embarcadero Center, visitors need a pass to get through the security checkpoint in the main lobby. Please provide your photo ID to the security desk. They will give you access to the 11th floor.