Overview (Program Summary)
This panel will explore the complex legal, economic and risk-management issues that can arise when a high-level executive separates from employment, either voluntarily or otherwise. Our panelists will provide the perspectives of both in-house and outside legal counsel as well as insight as to information-technology and corporate-security matters. Among the topics covered will be:
- “You’re hired!” – What if a new executive comes with strings attached?
- “You’re fired!” -- Is executive employment really at-will?
- “She took what?” – Securing confidential corporate information and computer systems when an executive separates
- “He wants how much?” – Handling cash and equity compensation issues
- “You’ll never eat lunch in this town again!” – Legalities and practicalities of non-compete, non-solicitation, non-disparagement and garden-leave restrictions.
*Julie Meyers Wood, CEO Guidepost Solutions, former Assistant Secretary of Homeland Security, former Special Assistant to President GW Bush.
*Benton Campbell, GC Deloitte, former Partner Latham & Watkins, former US Attorneys Office-Eastern District NJ.
*Eric Jaso, Partner Spiro Harrison Nelson, former Federal Prosecutor and Office US Departments Justice & Education.
Spiro Harrison & Nelson