Overview (Program Summary)
Government contracts and other federal funding agreements can provide companies with a reliable revenue source, brand visibility, and a way to accelerate their product road maps. With these benefits, however, also come unique rules and compliance obligations that may not be apparent on the surface.
Join us as we discuss the key compliance requirements companies encounter under various government contracts and other agreements – including Small Business Innovation Research (“SBIR”) and Technology Transfer (“STTR”) awards, procurement contracts (FAR/DFARS), and “Other Transactions” – and how they differ from typical commercial relationships. The panel will examine and offer practical issue-spotting and risk mitigation tips on topics including:
- Intellectual property protection;
- Foreign ownership, control, and influence (“FOCI”) concerns;
- Financial and accounting requirements;
- Supply chain screening and oversight responsibilities; and
- Labor/employment and ethical compliance obligations that accompany federal funds.
In-house practitioners will leave this session with an understanding of the key benefits and associated obligations and risks that accompany government contracts and funding agreements in order to better guide their management teams in thinking through the pros and cons of pursuing and accepting such funding.