Overview (Program Summary)
Join us for this 60-minute webinar on Tuesday, January 31, 2023, starting at Noon CT. Enjoy a free lunch, too, if you register before January 30 and opt in for an Uber Eats voucher!
Reducing Corporate Legal Costs through Litigation Funding
Litigation funding, in which a funder provides financial assistance to a claimant in exchange for a share of a potential recovery, has become an increasingly common way for corporate legal departments to pursue claims. This discussion will explain the litigation funding process and cover, among other things:
- Types of cases in which litigation funding could be appropriate
- Benefits of partnering with a funder
- Confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements
- The due diligence process
- Structuring of deals (single case vs. portfolio) and returns
- Phillip Goter, Investment Manager and Legal Counsel, Omni Bridgeway
- Jason Zucchi, Principal, Fish & Richardson P.C.
Registration is free and open to ACC members and first-time in-house counsel guests. 1 Standard CLE credit is pending in Minnesota.
Thanks to our sponsor, Omni Bridgeway!