Pennsylvania Convention Center
1101 Arch Street
13th Street Concourse
Philadelphia, PA, USA 19107
Overview (Program Summary)
ACC Greater Philadelphia's 15th Annual In-House Counsel Conference will be held on Thursday, April 20th at the Pennsylvania Convention Center (13th Street Concourse). This full day conference will give attendees the opportunity to earn up to 7 CLE credits on one day, including 4 ethics CLE credits, on cutting edge legal topics impacting in-house counsel. Breakfast, lunch and a cocktail reception are included with your registration. In addition, we will have vendors providing tech demos on new software, complimentary headshots for all attendees and various wellness activities throughout the day. This is an event you won't want to miss!
7:15 – 8:30 a.m.
7:25 – 8:25 a.m.
Pre-Conference Ethics CLE Breakfast
"Staying Safe and Sound – Maintaining a Realistic Work/Life Balance in 2023"
Presented by Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers
8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
- Cozen O'Connor - "New & Emerging Developments Regarding the Collection of User Data"
- Faegre Drinker - "The Art and Science of Depositions"
- McCarter & English - "Negotiation of Covenants in Loan Transactions in an Uncertain Environment"
- Stradley Ronon - "Don’t Forget about IP in M&A!"
9:45 – 10:45 a.m.
- Blank Rome LLP - "What's the Deal with Restrictive Covenants in Business Transactions?"
- Duane Morris LLP - "Should You Be Afraid? Updates on Fiduciary Duty and Officer Liability"
- Greenberg Traurig, LLP - "Emerging Healthcare Enforcement & Regulatory Compliance Trends and Implications – Views from Former Agency Counsel, In-House Counsel and Outside Counsel"
- Manko Gold Katcher & Fox - "Placing Your Company on (Litigation) Hold?: The Whos, Whats, Wheres, Whens, and Whys of Litigation Holds"
- Shook Hardy & Bacon - "When Marketing and IT Don’t Talk to Legal: Minimizing Privacy Risks by Coordinating with Corporate Stakeholders"
10:50 – 11:10 a.m.
- CobbleStone Software
- Everest Discovery
11:15 – 12:15 p.m.
- Dechert LLP - "Recent Regulatory Developments Impacting the Investment Adviser and Fund Industry"
- Gordon Rees Scully - "Success through Mediation"
- Obermayer Rebmann Maxwell & Hippel LLP - "Land Use Issues Impacting the Construction and Expansion of Your Business"
- Ogletree Deakins - "Recession Refresher: Preparing for an Economic Slowdown (RIF/WARN)"
- Reed Smith - "Directors, Officers and C-Suite: Critical Need to Know Developments in Cybersecurity Governance and Accountability for 2023"
12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
General Assembly Lunch with Keynote Speaker
"The Shifting Landscape of Legal Tech - Glimpsing Into the Future of Work for Law Departments"
Presented by Kristin Zmrhal, DISCO
1:45 – 2:45 p.m.
- BakerHostetler - "Understanding and Avoiding Antitrust Problems With the Government: What In-House Counsel Need to Know and What They Can Do"
- Ballard Spahr - "Sticky Situations: How to navigate sensitive investigations"
- Fisher Phillips - "The Changing Landscape of Workplace Accommodations: How Employers Can Maintain Compliance in the Modern Workforce"
- Flaster Greenberg PC - "Delaware Changing the Real-Party Disclosure Rules and its Impact on Litigation"
- Saul Ewing LLP - "Privacy Compliance and Litigation in 2023"
3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP - "Looking Forward: Enforcement Updates and Trends in 2023"
- Cozen O'Connor - "Disclosure Trends For In-House Counsel"
- Dechert LLP - "Ethics and Cybersecurity: What Attorneys Should Know"
- Troutman Pepper - "Navigating Government Investigations in the Life Sciences Industry: Inside, Outside, and Government Perspectives"
- Womble Bond Dickinson - "Protecting Your IP in the Virtual and Remote World"
4:15 – 5:15 p.m.
- Anderson Kill - "Do You Want to Get the Deal Done? Obstacles and Opportunities in Contract Negotiation"
- Jackson Lewis P.C. - "Internal Investigations in the Remote World"
- Montgomery McCracken Walker & Rhoads LLP - "The Cost of a Bad Apple: The External Risks of Internal Investigations"
- Stevens & Lee - "Ethical Implications of ChatGPT4 and Generative AI for the Corporate Lawyer"
5:15 – 6:30 p.m.
Cocktail Reception with Exhibitors (Sponsor Drawings/Raffles)
Photography Permission: Your registration and attendance at this event indicates your consent to be photographed and/or filmed and your consent to the use of your image, without payment of any kind, for use in program(s) and for other promotional/editorial activities of the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Greater Philadelphia and for future use in any and all media, now known or hereafter created.
Code of Conduct: By submitting this form and registering for this ACCGP Event, I agree to abide by the ACCGP Code of Conduct for Events