Overview (Program Summary)
The technology and law in this area are rapidly evolving and not every lawyer can be an “expert” on e-discovery. There is a lot to know – some of it highly technical. By the same token, blind reliance on outside counsel and/or discovery companies to protect company interests—or the litigation budget—can be a costly mistake.
Here are essential tips for in-house lawyers and other legal professionals who are involved in the e-discovery process. This course will cover:
• Processes that your company should consider handling in-house, where outside counsel can help, and when to engage e-discovery providers;
• The critical steps to take as soon as claims or investigations are initiated and anticipated;
• The questions you should be asking—and instructions you should be giving—your outside counsel and e-discovery companies;
• How to turn e-discovery from a potential liability and pure cost center into a litigation advantage;
• The most common e-discovery mistakes that can cost you big – in dealing with adversaries, as well as your own internal and external teams; and
• What you should be doing NOW to make sure that your company is “litigation ready” in advance of future claims or investigations.
If you only have an hour to learn what you need to know about e-discovery, this is where you should invest it!
Hybrid event - select either in-person (Reed Smith Centre) or Zoom webinar registration.
COVID Protocol Mandates
• All non-Reed Smith guests need to be fully-vaccinated (2 doses of Moderna or Pfizer or 1 of J&J). All fully-vaccinated guests must be prepared to present proof of vaccination to our Guest Services staff upon arrival at the building.
* All non-Reed Smith guests will need to fill out a Visitor Declaration Form, preferably the day before arrival. The forms will also be available at the Reed Smith security desk.
• Reed Smith Guest Services will scan the temperatures of all non-Reed Smith guests when they arrive. Guests will not be permitted to enter the office if their temperature is above 100.4 Fahrenheit.
• All fully-vaccinated guests should practice social distancing at all times and use a hand sanitizer/wash their hands whenever possible.
* Masks are required to be worn in the lobby and elevators, but not in the meeting space.