Overview (Program Summary)
We are delighted to announce the ACC Australia and Thomson Reuters’ Employment Law for In-house Counsel Conference to be held 8 September 2021 in Sydney. The conference will also be livestream for remote attendees’ convenience.
Employment law issues have become one of the biggest facing general counsel in the workplace - even more so after the Covid-19 pandemic. The conference is for general counsel and employment law specialists and addresses contentious issues in employment law including:
- COVID-19 vaccinations what are employers doing?
- Working from home, Returning to Work and hybrid workplace – developing policies that are fair and risk proof
- Latest changes to casual employment
- Wage underpayments and changes to modern awards and how to minimise the risk of accessorial liability
- Panel discussion on finding the employment law calling
- The ugly side: The corporate counsel’s role in preventing and responding to workplace bullying, harassment, and discrimination and emerging issues
- The inhouse counsel’s role in making mental health an organisational