Overview (Program Summary)
Blockchain and the technologies that rely upon it are shaking up established industries - first banking with cryptocurrencies and now the art world with "non-fungible tokens" (NFTs). Once limited to a small group of hardcore tech enthusiasts, blockchain has now burst into the mainstream and is being adopted on a wide scale. But even with its rapid spread, most have only a vague understanding of how blockchain works and what it can do.
In this presentation, Fish & Richardson patent attorney Kenneth Hoover will discuss the basics of blockchain and how it works, including:
- What are blockchains, cryptocurrency, and NFTs?
- Cryptocurrency misconceptions
- How blockchain technology works
- Possible and existing uses for blockchain and NFTs
- Patent trends for blockchain technology
- Copyrights and NFTs as digital art
Kenneth Hoover, Associate, Fish & Richardson, Austin, TX
The first 30 registrants will receive an Antonelli's cheese plate to enjoy during the presentation, courtesy of Fish & Richardson!