Overview (Program Summary)
Join us as we look back and summarize legal trends and developments applicable to tax-exempt organizations that occurred over the course of 2020, including:
· The Section 512(a)(6) unrelated business taxable income “silo” regulations;
· The CARES Act loan programs that were made available to nonprofits;
· New Internal Revenue Service precedent on cost-sharing arrangements between for-profit and nonprofit affiliates;
· Nonprofit responses to racial justice developments and First Amendment activity;
· Final regulations addressing Form 990 donor disclosure for certain Section 501(c) organizations;
· The Section 4960 excess renumeration regulations; and much more.
The program will also delve into tax-exempt legal developments that are likely to unfold in 2021, along with a robust anecdotal discussion of new legal issues and concerns that in-house counsel have personally observed over the course of the past year.
Presented by Ezra Reese, Partner, Katherine LaBeau, Counsel, Jacquelyn K. Lopez, Counsel, and Emma Olson Sharkey, Associate at Perkins Coie and Jennifer Shipp, General Counsel at Heising-Simons Foundation.
2.0 Hours of VA MCLE credit pending.