Overview (Program Summary)
This interactive program will provide a deep dive into the challenging issues that in-house counsel confront in handling employee whistleblower claims and investigations. The program will provide a series of video scenarios based on cases “in the headlines” that provide a launch for panel and participant discussion.
The program will explore the legal and ethical issues that arise in internal investigations of whistleblowers, including:
* The obligation to report up to the Board the complaint and the results of the investigation;
* The retention of “independent” counsel to conduct the investigation;
* The preservation of the attorney-client privilege for interview notes and reports;
* Limitations on the ability to restrict complainant and witness communications and self-help discovery; and
* Reducing the risk of whistleblower retaliation claims during and after the investigation.
Presented by Connie Bertram, Founder of Bertram LLP, Andrew Sakallaris, Corporate Counsel at LMI, Amanda Dupree, Associate General Counsel at ePlus inc. and Virginia Robinson, Deputy General Counsel at DynCorp International.
This session is for informational purposes only, no MCLE credit will be offered.