This is an online event presented by Knobbe Martens. Sign in instructions will be sent prior to the presentation.
Overview (Program Summary)
Shutdown orders due to the COVID-19 virus pandemic have created economic disruption, causing companies to scale back on intellectual property (IP) expense. This webinar covers suggestions for protecting IP on a reduced budget. The strategies presented will provide attendees with a competitive edge over competitors who are sitting on the IP sidelines during the pandemic.
Some of the topics covered include:
- why getting in line early and maintaining a place in line at the Patent Office is crucial to protect your patentable inventions;
- how to reserve and maintain your place in line at the Patent Office while reducing and/or deferring certain examination-related expenses;
- how to use existing patent prosecution techniques to achieve these goals without relying on potentially risky newly-available COVID-19 options from the Patent Office;
- how to use certain techniques related to claim drafting, patent family and portfolio filing strategies, and international patent practice to reduce costs; and
- using non-patent approaches to protecting certain IP.
Tom Cowan, Partner, Knobbe Martens