This is an online event.
Overview (Program Summary)
The U.S. construction industry has not been spared from the significant financial impacts of the COVID-19 virus. We’re sure to see a barrage of claims for delay and cost overruns of both public and private projects. Claims will likely stem from a suspension of work as a result of mandatory quarantines and curfews, and/or inevitable material shortages due to the disruption of worldwide manufacturing, distribution and supply chains.
Join us for this complimentary webinar on Friday, March 27 at 12:00 p.m. on the topic of preserving construction claims during COVID-19. It is vital to have a thorough understanding of your legal rights and remedies to guide your decision-making process in the ensuing weeks. Procopio Partners Mary A. Salamone and Laurence R. Phillips will guide you through key topics including:
- Understanding force majeure clauses
- Managing delay, suspension of work and termination issues
- Preserving rights through notice requirements and claim procedures
- Rights and claims against lower-tiered contractors and suppliers
- Measures to shield against potential price escalation and labor shortages
- Exploring insurance coverage
- And much more…
Mary Salamone, Partner
Laurence Phillips, Partner