Gilbert + Tobin
Overview (Program Summary)
The COVID-19 pandemic has created significant challenges for Australian companies and businesses. Many have been forced to rely on temporary measures put in place by the Federal Government (both fiscal and regulatory) and negotiations or extensions with stakeholders (such as banks and landlords) in order to stay afloat. As a result, almost all Australian businesses are now exposed to significant risks arising from the financial distress or even the insolvency of their contractual counterparties. Despite this, there are a variety of proactive steps which can be taken, and protective measures available, to maximise the outcomes for your business in the event of counterparty insolvency.
Join Gilbert + Tobin’s award-winning Restructuring + Insolvency and Disputes + Investigations teams for a live webinar on managing counterparty insolvency risk. The webinar will explore:
- our views on the current market and regulatory regime;
- challenges with the current regulatory environment and the temporary protections;
- the protective measures which can be put in place to mitigate the risks associated with counterparty distress or insolvency;
- the consequences of counterparty insolvency to your business and ongoing trading arrangements;
- statutory moratoriums that apply in certain external administrations (including the ipso facto provisions), retention of titles issues and PPSA requirements;
- strategies for dealing with a company that has suffered an insolvency event; and
- the potential impact of the government winding back the temporary measures and implementing the proposed new insolvency laws.
Please note: If your company/organisation is deemed to be a competitor of the host organisation for this event, you may be excluded from attending this event. If you believe there may be a conflict or are uncertain, please enquire with ACC Australia.
Peter Bowden, Partner - Gilbert + Tobin
Peter is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin’s Banking + Infrastructure group.
Peter has significant experience advising banks, funds, insolvency practitioners, creditors and debtors in situations involving corporate insolvency, restructuring, workouts, security enforcement, banking and distressed debt transactions.
Tim O’Leary, Partner - Gilbert + Tobin
Tim is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin’s Disputes + Investigations group.
Tim specialises in corporate, commercial and resources litigation, particularly for mining and petroleum companies. He acts for clients in relation to contractual disputes, insolvency disputes, regulatory investigations and Corporations Act matters, including schemes of arrangement.
Anna Ryan, Senior Lawyer - Gilbert + Tobin
Anna is a senior lawyer in Gilbert + Tobin’s Restructuring + Insolvency group.
Anna has over 12 years’ experience advising banks, special situations groups, insolvency practitioners, creditors and debtors on restructuring, insolvency, workouts, and distressed debt transactions.