Overview (Program Summary)
The 2020 ACC In-house Counsel Certification Program will be run virtually. With the training being conducted from 5:30 pm- 7:30 pm AEST, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, evenings for three weeks from Tuesday 11 August - Thursday 27 August.
The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) In-house Counsel Certification Program covers the core competencies that are applied by corporate counsel professionals. ACC Certification draws on the collective knowledge and experience of ACC’s global membership to identify what is essential to a successful in-house practice worldwide. The program’s 24 curriculum hours targets three competency areas: Stakeholder Relations, Department Management, and Legal Services. The program includes a mix of presented content, interactive discussions as well as applied project and group tasks. The program concludes with a final assessment to earn the unique In-House Counsel Certification. Course participants will gain 24 CPD points upon completion and will learn how to:
- Translate legal knowledge into business solutions that meet client expectations.
- Build the emotional intelligence and people management skills necessary for navigating the unique culture of their organisation.
- Deploy value-based policies, along with effective employee training, to help protect their organisation from legal liability.
- Implement tech-forward processes that can take their legal operations to a new level of efficiency.
- Contribute to financial decision-making and strategic planning, both on the law department level and across the organisation.
- Articulate, as well as demonstrate, the value of the law department.
“I am always looking at striving towards best practice but find in a busy work environment the time to assess and reflect is limited. The ACC in-house certification program allowed me to take some time out and listen, learn and develop from a wide range of in house experts. The course is fast paced, engaging and provides you with a vast tool kit of best practice to take back to your role and organisation.”
Jason Arnheim, General Counsel Australasia, Orora Limited. ACC In-house Certification Program Alumni, Sydney 2019
"The ACC In-House Counsel Certification course was the single best learning and networking event I attended in 2019. In four days, the program helped me unpack my skills and experiences as a senior in-house counsel managing a team; and realign them with international best practices to support me in effectively advising my organisation and leading the in-house function. This course is a must for in-house lawyers ready to effectively lead their organisation into the future."
Tyrilly Csillag, Head of In-House, Practical Law at Thomson Reuters. ACC In-house Certification Alumni, Sydney 2019.
Contact ACC Australia for more information about the ACC In-house Certification program on 1300 558 550.