Cowan, Liebowitz & Latman, PC
114 West 47th Street (between 6th Avenue and 7th Avenue)
New York, NY 10036
Overview (Program Summary)
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has significantly reduced the public data and information available to brand owners seeking to protect their brands, especially on line. Brand owners have been forced to come up with alternative methods to analyze potential risk and determine the identities of infringers and counterfeiters. In this seminar, we will discuss:
• What Is the GDPR and why was it enacted?
• How has the GDPR impacted the availability of public data available to brand owners?
• How has the GDPR impacted enforcement mechanisms for brand owners?
• What post-GDPR tools are available to brand owners to gather intelligence and enforce their brands?
• What are the best practices for protecting brands in a post-GDPR world?
Eric J. Shimanoff, Partner
Rafael “Rafi” Nemes, Associate
Cowan, Liebowitz & Latman