8 Marina View
#12-01 Asia Square Tower 1
Overview (Program Summary)
ACC is proud to be collaborating with SCCA for the 'Global Meeting of In-House Counsel Pro Bono Professionals' on 11th November. This unique pro bono event at the upcoming PILnet Global Forum will allow the sharing of ideas, strategies and best practices that can be used to make meaningful contributions to pro bono legal services by in-house counsel.
Further details on the Global Forum agenda are detailed here.
ACC members are also entitled to significant discounts for the broader Global Forum, including the Global Awards Dinner Reception to be held on 12 November.
What is PILnet?
PILnet is a global public interest law organization that creates opportunities for social change by unlocking law's full potential. Further details about PILnet can be found here.
2019 Global Forum
PILnet will be hosting their 2019 Global Forum in Singapore to connect with leading activists, academics, pro bono professionals, and public interest law champions from around the world and share techniques and skills to benefit the public interest.
14:00 – 14:30 Registration and tea/coffee
14:30 – 15:00 Introduction by moderator
15:00 – 16:00 Open Conversation: Pro Bono for In-House Professionals
This year’s in-house professionals meeting will be a roundtable-like open conversation, where selected panelists will be able to answer key questions in an interactive dialogue with participants.
Proposed discussion questions will include:
- How can in-house counsel contribute to the global pro bono movement?
- What is the process and which are the challenges for a company with a well-established pro bono program abroad to replicate it in Asia? And for small companies/activities?
- How can in-house counsel promote pro bono within their companies/activities and how can pro bono be beneficial for those companies?
- What good practice examples can be shared to learn more about pro bono for in-house counsel from Singapore and other jurisdictions?
- What are some examples of successful models for engaging in-house lawyers in pro bono? E.g. partnership with law firm or direct engagement with non-profit?
- What role can the Association for Corporate Counsel and the Singapore Corporate Counsel Association can play in promoting pro bono?
- Complimentary participation for the Global Meeting of In-House Pro Bono Professionals, the Joint Session of All Professionals, and the Welcome Reception.
- Free (Discount code: OpeningMeetingsOnly2019)
- Global Forum 1 day package, either 12 November or 13 November, including the opening plenary and all Forum sessions
- US$65 - without participation at the Global Awards Dinner Reception (Discount code: SGInHouse1DayForumOnly)
- US$150 - with participation at the Global Awards Dinner Reception (Discount code: SGInHouse1Day2019)
- Global Forum 2 day package for all Forum events.
- US$250 (Discount code: SGInHouse2Day2019) Register today with the resp