The Quarry Golf Club
444 E. Basse Road
San Antonio,TX 78209
Overview (Program Summary)
Legal executives are making “bet-the-job” decisions when it comes to data privacy and cybersecurity compliance. Companies face tremendous financial exposure and liability under the rapidly expanding US state privacy regulations from the California Consumer Privacy Act to Texas’ two proposed privacy bills. Savvy plaintiffs' attorneys are exploiting private rights of action, statutory fines and new theories of liability to supercharge litigation against companies of all types and sizes. This session will review emerging regulations, outline the overlapping requirements, and answer “bet-the-job” questions to help you meet your obligations and mitigate liabilities so you can protect your company.
Register below, and feel free to invite individuals from your company who are not attorneys but may benefit from learning more about this subject!
- Rebecca Perry is the Director of Strategic Alliances at Jordan Lawrence, the leader in helping companies manage their information compliantly and defensibly – in compliance with data privacy and cybersecurity regulations like the GDPR, NYS DFS, CCPA and others. Rebecca has been with Jordan Lawrence more than 25 years helping legal, compliance, privacy and IT executives in the areas of information governance, data mapping, data minimization, records retention and third-party diligence. She manages the Alliance Partnership with the Association of Corporate Counsel and builds strategic relationships with leading law firms. Rebecca is a Certified Information Privacy Professional and frequent speaker in the legal and privacy communities including sessions with the FTC, Association of Corporate Counsel, Society of Corporate Governance and IAPP KnowledgeNets.
- Stan Little is an executive level attorney and business professional with over 15 years of experience. Stan works with corporate clients to identify and resolve legal and business issues. His primary practice area revolves around the review, drafting, and negotiating of commercial contracts, but he also has significant experience advising clients on intellectual property, advertising, and consumer products. I have experience managing outside counsel for both litigation and non-litigation activities, as well as advising on general labor and employment matters. Additionally, he has spent several years being a corporate secretary across domestic and international business entities and served as a fiduciary member of 401k and investment committees. Most recently, he has taken on supporting M&A work for a very active private equity corporate development group.
- John Trevino is an experienced data privacy (CIPM, CIPP/US, CIPP/C, FIP) and cybersecurity attorney with significant experience as both outside and in-house transaction and litigation counsel. John has broad in-house experience as lead privacy/data protection attorney for global privacy initiatives, operational experience with implementing frameworks and controls as a data privacy officer and has handled a wide variety of commercial litigation in the US and abroad.
- State Representative Trey Martinez Fischer. Representative Martinez Fischer introduced TX House Bill 4518, the Texas Consumer Privacy Act, which recently passed the state senate.
- 11:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Meet & Greet
- 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Presentation
Your RSVP counts! While we understand that unexpected matters arise that prevent attendance, absences (no-shows) do have a financial impact on our chapter. If you have registered but cannot attend and cannot send someone in your place, please contact Amber Clark by email at email@example.com. Likewise, if you did not RSVP but decide to attend at the last minute, please try to let Amber know ahead of time so that we can arrange to have enough seating! Walk-ins who do not give advance notice cannot be guaranteed seating.
2019 ANNUAL LUNCHEON PASSES ARE AVAILABLE BY CREDIT CARD HERE, or you can purchase with cash or check at the door: $150 for Members; $250 for Non-members - includes pass to attend all eleven 2019 ACC luncheons.