Union League of Philadelphia
140 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
(Note: Proper business attire required at The Union League.)
Overview (Program Summary)
Join the Corporate and Securities Law Committee at The Union League for a morning of CLE, along with a full breakfast and mid-morning snacks!
Session I, 8:00 a.m.—9:00 a.m. ESG, Sustainability, Benefit Corporations and the Great Stakeholder versus Stockholder Debate
From Elizabeth Warren’s proposed Accountable Capitalism Act to the Business Roundtable’s August 19 statement of the purposes of a corporation (signed by 181 large company CEOs), in recent months there has been significant focus on how corporations – and corporate governance generally – should approach and address issues of broader societal impact than the financial return to shareholders. This interactive session will discuss the principal legal issues implicated by this significant trend.
Session II, 9:10 a.m.—10:10 a.m. The Who, What & Why of Using Reps and Warranties Insurance in Your Next Acquisition
The application of reps and warranties insurance has increased in recent years. Research shows that approximately 20-25% of transactions now use this insurance and the number of providers has jumped from a handful to over 20. The panel will explore the rise in reps and warranties insurance, who should use it, what obstacles to avoid, and why parties involved in a transaction benefit from this coverage.
Session III, 10:20 a.m.—11:20 a.m. Trends in Securities Litigation
This panel will discuss recent trends in Securities Litigation.
Cancellation Policy: 48-hours' notice required to ChrisStewart@ACCglobal.com. The chapter reserves the right to invoice no-shows $75 if they do not cancel within the allotted time frame.
- William H. Clark, Jr., Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Frederick H. (Rick) Alexander, Founder, The Shareholder Commons
- Leo Karwejna, PFM Asset Management LLC
- Steven N. Haas, Member, Cozen O’Connor
- Joseph C. Bedwick, Member, Cozen O'Connor
- Darlyn P. Heckman, Lockton Companies, LLC
- Marc J. Sonnenfeld, Partner, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Laura Hughes McNally, Partner-Elect, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Ginene Lewis, Associate Counsel/Manager, Litigation & Investigations, Vanguard
- Tim McKenna, Associate Director, NERA Economic Consulting
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Cozen O'Connor
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP