Garden Court Hotel, 520 Cowper Street, Palo Alto
Overview (Program Summary)
Intellectual property (IP) may be one of your company’s most valuable assets in today’s market, underscoring the need for in-house counsel to consider carefully strategies for choosing between patent and trade secret protection for particular assets. The ramifications of those decisions can have a dramatic impact to your company’s business should infringement or misappropriation occur. Our panel will address potential considerations and strategies in deciding which type of protection to pursue for assets, including whether certain types of inventions are more amenable to patent protection or to trade secret protection.
The featured panelists are:
- Shane Lunceford, Associate General Counsel, LendingClub
- Eric Sutton, Managing Counsel – Patents, Oracle
- Rebecca Edelson, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Seong Kim, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Steve Hollman, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
Join us for an insightful discussion of the “When, Whys and Hows” for choosing between patent and trade secret protection.