De Nieuwe Liefde, Da Costakade 102, 1053 WP Amsterdam, Netherlands
Overview (Program Summary)
The ACC In-house Counsel Certification Program covers the core competencies that are applied by corporate counsel professionals. Certification is not tied to any specific country’s laws but draws from the experience of ACC’s global membership to identify what is essential to a successful in-house practice worldwide. Participants will learn how to:
• Translate legal knowledge into business solutions that meet client expectations.
• Build the emotional intelligence and people management skills necessary for navigating the unique culture of their organization.
• Deploy value-based policies, along with effective employee training, to help protect their organization from legal liability.
• Implement tech-forward processes that can take their legal operations to a new level of efficiency.
• Contribute to financial decision-making and strategic planning, both on the law department level and across the organization.
• Articulate, as well as demonstrate, the value of the law department.
The program’s 25 hours curriculum targets three competency areas: Stakeholder Relations, Department Management, and Legal Services. The four-day program includes live instruction, hands-on project and team work experience, and concludes with a final assessment to earn the unique In-House Counsel Certification.