Jessica is a former practicing attorney with decades of experience coaching and counseling lawyers across a broad variety of environments, practice areas, and geographies. Jessica leverages passion for coaching to help clients find clarity to take action, tap into their unrealized potential for growth and leadership, or move into their next professional challenge with confidence.
Jessica previously served as Senior Compliance Officer and Associate Counsel at Laurus Funds, a hedge fund in New York, after practicing corporate and securities law with New York firms Schulte Roth & Zabel and Olshan Frome Wolosky. She then shifted her focus to attorney development, serving in roles with Georgetown University Law Center and Morrison Foerster. Jessica’s range of experience in the legal industry gives her a unique perspective into the challenges lawyers face on a day-to-day basis. Jessica is also a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC) and Associate Certified Coach (ACC).
Jessica is a co-author, with Jessica R. Natkin, of “Let’s Coach All the Lawyers: An Essential Primer for Professionals Developing Legal Talent,” published by NALP in 2021. Written for supervisors and managers in the legal industry, this book shares the coaching practices the authors have found to be most effective in developmental conversations. She is also the Co-Founder, with Jessica R. Natkin, of Law Career Center, a unique resource for attorneys working through career transitions.
Areas of coaching expertise include:
• Supervision and performance management
• Transitioning into a leadership role
• Managing challenging relationships and holding difficult conversations
• Career transitions, including determining next steps, networking, resume and job search materials, interviewing skills, and offer negotiation
• Building a “brand” and maintaining a positive reputation
• Delegation and time management skills
• Navigating work/life conflicts
Please use this link to schedule an initial consultation with Jessica.