Overview (Program Summary)
Third-party dispute finance is on the rise in Continental Europe and its relevance continues to grow whilst companies are looking at alternative ways to fund and manage the risks of their litigation/arbitration cases. The Corona crisis and the attendant liquidity constraints may accelerate this development. In-house counsel should therefore be aware of how dispute finance helps strengthen their legal strategy, why it can be effective risk management and finance tool, and how to deal with third-party funders.
In this webinar, a distinguished panel of experts from various industry stakeholders will:
- outline the basics of dispute finance,
- discuss the strategic relevance of dispute finance for companies,
- provide practical advice on how to navigate the funding market and process,
- answer questions from the audience in a live Q&A.
- Dr. Isabelle Berger-Steiner, Head of Switzerland, France & Benelux, Nivalion AG
- James Menz, J.D., Senior Litigation Expert, Bombardier Transportation
- Dr. Jan Erik Spangenberg, LL.B., Partner, Manner Spangenberg
- Marcel Wegmüller, Managing Partner, Nivalion AG