Live on-site at Valo Park - 7950 Jones Branch Drive, Mclean, VA 22102; or via WEBCAST from your desk.
Overview (Program Summary)
Given today’s political environment, responsible contractors must anticipate and prepare for the possibility (or even likelihood) of future government shutdowns. Hear from the perspective of outside, in-house and government counsel on legal pitfalls to avoid during a government shutdown and practical tips contractors can take to prepare for the next one.
Topics will include:
* Which types of contracts will be affected by a shutdown and the impact on deliverables;
* Whether and when contractors will be paid for work performed during a shutdown;
* External and internal communications plans;
* Considerations from the government’s perspective;
* Direct and indirect cost impacts;
* Employment law considerations;
* Subcontract issues.
Presented by Tracye Howard, Partner with Wiley Rein LLP and Wendy LaDuca, General Counsel with HumanTouch, LLC.
Lunch will begin at 12:00. The panel presentation will start at 12:30.