Crowne Plaza Hotel
260 Mall Boulevard
King of Prussia, PA 19406
Overview (Program Summary)
- 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. - Registration/Breakfast/Networking
- 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. - Session I, Reed Smith LLP
- 9:10 a.m. to 10:10 a.m. - Session II, CSC
- 10:20 a.m. to 11:20 a.m. - Session III, Stevens & Lee
Session I, International Arbitration for Cross-Border Contracts: A Practical Primer
This program will discuss the advantages that international arbitration offers and why it should be the default choice for cross-border contracts. The interactive program will also discuss international arbitration from a risk-management perspective, and will offer practical insight into matters such as:
- Drafting arbitration clauses for cross-border agreements;
- Selecting the right arbitral administrators;
- Selecting the best seats in international arbitration;
- Choosing arbitrators;
- Managing discovery;
- Obtaining emergency and interim relief in arbitration;
- Dealing with challenging regions, such as MENA, CIS, Asia, Africa and Latin America; and
- Enforcing arbitral awards, including steps that should be taken at the clause drafting phase to improve enforcement odds.
Session II, Negotiating Privacy and Security in Transactions: NDAs, DPAs and the All-Important Addenda Thereto
Consider the issues that should remain top-of-mind when you negotiate NDAs and DPAs for your client. These will include, but not be limited to, the following critical features: framing the importance of data integrity within the scope of your deal; gauging the invasiveness of such provisions within the agreement; setting the scope of what constitutes “confidential information” and how it is to be defined; considering the importance of where the data is housed (remote locations versus cloud-based); cross-border issues (including GDPR/EU Privacy Shield); and how to reasonably limit the reach and set the risk allocation for residual “catch-all” provisions.
Session III, Intellectual Property Assets: How to Recognize and Leverage Untapped Value in your Business
This session will provide an examination of the different forms of intellectual property, and assist you in recognizing intellectual property that your company may not be utilizing to its fullest potential and using it to add value to your business.
Cancellation Policy: 48-hours' notice required to [email protected]. No-shows or those who do not cancel within the allotted time frame will be billed $75.
- James P. Duffy IV, Partner, Reed Smith LLP
- In-house Panelist: TBD
- Helena Ledic, Associate General Counsel, CSC
- James B. McDonald, Shareholder, Stevens & Lee
- Amanda D. Dempsey, Associate, Stevens & Lee
- In-house Panelist: TBD