Annual Conference 2018
The Legal Profession in the New Economy - Developing Leadership for Uncertain Times
20 - 22 May, Paris, France
The ACC Europe Annual Conference took place in Paris, 20 - 22 May 2018 at the Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel and Conference Centre. Over 350 speakers and in-house counsel from across Europe and further afield assembled to debate the role of the legal profession in the new economy. Continuing the success of previous ACC Europe conferences, delegates explored the concept of how to develop leadership in uncertain times through three dynamic tracks.
- Expanding your influence: building legal's role in the business
- Mindfulness for lawyers
- Talk like Ted III
- My favourite mistake - overcoming career setbacks
- Looking for a legal job in Europe? Here's what you need to know
- Surviving disruption: new career choices
- Put "people person" back on your resume: soft skills can't be automated
Lead the Law
- Preparing for GDPR
- Labour law update
- Cyber security: preparing for, and responding to, a data breach
- Blockchain and smart contracts
- Competition law update
- The European project (Brexit)
- What could possibly go wrong? We have a social media plan in place...
- Trade compliance: sanctions and export control strategies
Lead the Business
- Artificial Intelligence
- Strategic thinking
- Legal operations
- When restructuring affects the legal department
- So you think you want to join a start up?
- East meets West: what you need to know about doing business in Asia
- Successful metrics for in-house counsel
- Public affairs/lobbying
Speaker presentations will be uploaded to this website soon and available to all members via log-in.