Message from the President
Dear ACC Tennessee Members:
I hope all of you had an enjoyable holiday season and were able to take some time to relax and reflect on the past year. Looking back on what our Chapter accomplished, here were some of our highlights from 2019:
- We more than doubled our Chapter’s previous record of sponsorship revenues;
- We offered more programs and free CLE hours for members across the State than ever before, and saw our highest average attendance rate in the history of our Chapter;
- We launched our Chapter’s first ever Pro Bono Initiative to provide guardianship services with Legal Aid;
- We developed a new Law School Partnership program to partner with local law schools;
- We sent two of our Chapter’s leaders to ACC Headquarters’ Leadership Development Institute (LDI) in Washington D.C.;
- We held a two-day Spring Leadership Retreat in Nashville to collaborate in-person, develop new, innovative ideas and initiatives, and set the strategic course for our Chapter for years to come;
- We hired a new Chapter Administrator to provide enhanced support to our Chapter and its members;
- We had over eighty Tennessee Chapter members attend the ACC Annual Meeting in Phoenix, Arizona;
- We held our first ever half-day CLE, “MBA in a Half Day”, which had over 100 attendees;
- We hosted a Sponsor Appreciation casino night to thank our amazing sponsors and recognize our members; and
- We received our Chapter’s first ever ACC Silver Chapter of Distinction Award.
Clearly, we achieved amazing success in 2019, all while having fun, being an open, collaborative and inclusive group, and staying committed to the Chapter’s Mission of improving the quality of in-house practice for lawyers in Tennessee.
We have accomplished a lot, but our work isn’t done yet. We will continue to work diligently to improve our Chapter and will re-invest our financial resources to do so. This includes improving how we communicate with our members. We welcome your feedback on the new look of this newsletter, and you can expect them more regularly in the future.
We have a lot of exciting things planned for 2020, and I’m looking forward to another amazing year for our Chapter!
President, ACC Tennessee
Senior Counsel, Mars, Incorporated