Message from the President
Dear ACC Members:
What a fantastic time to be a part of ACC Tennessee. This year we surpassed 600 in-house legal members from across the State, led by a passionate collection of engaged leaders. We are seeing record attendance numbers at ACC Tennessee events, thanks to our members and our incredible sponsors. Our three Grand Divisions (East, Middle and West) are flourishing, and we are seeing increased growth in smaller areas of the State where the Chapter has focused its efforts, such as in Chattanooga and the Tri-Cities area. Our Chapter’s reach continues to expand and benefit more members across our State than ever before. We are achieving great success, all while having fun, being an open, collaborative and inclusive group, and staying committed to the Chapter’s Mission of improving the quality of in-house practice for lawyers in Tennessee.
A primary driver of our Chapter’s recent success is our financial condition. We have not only met budgeted targets, but have far exceeded our goals year-to-date. This allows us to reinvest back into the Chapter to improve the membership experience, provide new and exciting opportunities, and also plan for the ongoing future success of the Chapter.
While we have had numerous Chapter achievements in the past several months, here are some recent highlights:
- Held an engaging Fall Leadership Transition Meeting to onboard new Directors on our Board and new Committee Chairpersons;
- Had an intimate social gathering for Tennessee Chapter members at the ACC Annual Meeting in Austin, Texas;
- Executed our first ever Sponsor Appreciation Event in downtown Nashville to thank sponsors for their partnership and support in 2018;
- Launched our Chapter’s first Pro Bono Initiative to provide guardianship services through Legal Aid;
- Developed a Law School Partnership program to identify and explore mutual benefits between the Chapter and local law schools;
- Successfully transitioned Chapter services from an outdated online system to a more robust and functional cloud storage service to maintain documents and collaborate;
- More than doubled our Chapter’s previous record for sponsorship revenue;
- Sent two of our Chapter’s leaders to ACC Headquarters’ Leadership Development Institute (LDI) in Washington D.C.; and
- Held a two-day Spring Leadership Meeting in Nashville to collaborate in-person, develop new, innovative ideas and initiatives, and set the strategic course for our Chapter for years to come.
We will continue to work diligently to improve our Chapter and increase our members’ return on their membership investment, but none of this is possible without the involvement of you, our members. There is no better way to meet and build meaningful relationships with fellow in-house lawyers than ACC Tennessee. I urge you to attend your local ACC events, engage with other members, and give us your feedback. If you’re interested in getting more involved with our Chapter or becoming a Chapter leader, please reach out to me or anyone on our Leadership team. It’s a fantastic way to develop and network, both personally and professionally.
We have accomplished a lot over the last few months, but our work isn’t done yet. We have a lot of exciting things planned for our Chapter this year and in the near future. I’m looking forward to it, and I hope you are too!
President, ACC Tennessee