David M. Murdza, General Counsel & Director of Corporate Administration, AnswerNet
In what year did you start in your current position?
- In what year did you first work in-house?
- What law school did you attend?
Fordham University School of Law, Class of 2012
- Where did you attend college and graduate school? What degrees do you hold?
Rider University, Class of 2005, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Accounting and Finance (double major)
- What do you consider to be your most pivotal career move?
Deciding to go back to school to pursue my JD after beginning a successful career as a consultant/auditor with a Big 4 accounting firm.
- What's the best thing about your current job?
Diversity in the work and managing a stellar team.
- What's the worst job you've ever had?
Paper route — I hated folding and stuffing the papers in purple plastic bags.
- What's the most valuable life lesson you still apply today?
Hard work pays off.
- What do you consider to be the best thing about ACC membership?
As a new member, I'm excited to learn about all the ACC has to offer.
- How do you achieve work/life balance?
Putting my phone away when I get home from work for about 1-2 hours until my kids are ready for bed.
- If I were not practicing law, I'd...be a chef.
- My favorite vacation spot is...Long Beach Island, NJ.
- A place I've never been but would most like to visit is...Bandon Dunes Golf Resort in Oregon.
- My all-time favorite movie is..."Rounders."
- Even people who know me might be surprised to learn that...in college I was a Zamboni driver at a local ice rink.
- Please tell us about your pet(s).
Our family just recently added a Bernadoodle named Doc, and we are all in love!