April 7-8, 2014
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown • Austin, TX
What is it?
A two-day interactive meeting focusing on compliance program nuts & bolts, structuring & implementing a compliance program, compliance investigations, hot topics, attorney-client privilege in the compliance context, crisis management and convincing your CEO to augment an existing program.
Who Should Attend?
In-house counsel from small to medium-sized law departments and other experienced compliance professionals* who do not yet have a compliance program in place, or aim to make their existing program more robust.
What Will You Learn?
- Federal Sentencing Guidelines basics and how to design a compliance program to meet your organization’s needs;
- How to measure the effectiveness of your program and conduct a compliance audit;
- How to conduct a compliance investigation and develop protocols;
- Global attorney-client privilege rules, including U.S. Professional Conduct Model Rules 1.6 and 1.13, and how they apply in the compliance context;
- Tactics for in-house counsel to employ when confronted with a corporate crisis;
- How to present your case for an augmented compliance program to your CEO, complete with benchmarks, statistics, and questions you should be prepared to answer; and
- Answers from experts to your burning questions on Dodd-Frank whistleblower regulation, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and global data privacy issues.
This program is eligible for CLE/CPD credits. Program schedule available soon.
*Program applicants will be reviewed individually for eligibility to attend this meeting. To be eligible, individuals who are not lawyers or do not currently serve their organization as in-house counsel must clearly demonstrate compliance functions to be at least 50% of their workplace responsibilities. Proof of eligibility can include job descriptions, LinkedIn profiles, resumes, or other similar justification, and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Non-sponsor outside counsel and legal service providers are not eligible to enroll as attendees (please contact Moustafa Abdel-Kader for sponsorship information). Eligibility determinations will be made at ACC's sole discretion.